Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
artfull dodger

Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.  Empty
PostSubject: Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.    Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:36 pm

I am looking for a pair of the golden headlight trim rings from a Stainz. I know some guys remove them as they look wrong to them. I however like how they look but my starter set Stainz doesnt have them and looks to plain to my eyes. I will post up some pics of my garden layout progress in a seperate thread a bit later today. Cheers Mike
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.    Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.  EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 am

I don't recall the golden trims on Stainz headlights. They also don't show on the explode view (see: http://www.modell-land.de/images/explo/e20100.pdf).

The porter does have it mentioned on the exploded view ( http://www.modell-land.de/images/explo/e22771.pdf) and you can order them at Train-Li, however I dont't know if they fit the Stainz lights: http://www.train-li-usa.com/store/lamp-ring-22771e012-p-5071.html

Also some "LGB headlight rims" are offered on Ebay, but I doubt if these are the right size for the Stainz headlights.Click here
Back to top Go down
artfull dodger

PostSubject: Re: Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.    Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.  EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Only a couple versions have had them, the one for the 30th aniversery and the one with more prototypical valve gear, green/black with Stainz on the side of the cab had them. That is the only 2 that I know of that used the gold trim rings. Watts Train Shop has one of the 30th aniv ones in stock right now. Mike
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.    Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.  EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Interesting! I see the 30th anniversary Stainz on the Watt's Train Shop siteshop indeed have a gold ring.

I was looking further on it and according to the Garten Bahn Data Bank the 2 locomotives you mentioned are actually the same. From all the unsold stock the 30th anniversary logo was overprinted with a Stainz logo. Both are collectors items so I think "golden ring Stainz's" are rare and finding those rings will be hard and the change someone removes the ring from the collectors item is small... scratch
Perhaps the rings of a porter or other model fit on the lamps. Or write LGB for a replacement part for the Stainz?

Back to top Go down
artfull dodger

PostSubject: Re: Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.    Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.  EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 pm

I am guessing the size of that lense and ring isnt just on the Stainz. I need to get a new battery and measure it with my callipers and see what it is in milimeters. Thats how the rings are listed. I did email Train Li about it. I can get a whole golden detail kit for $36 from Train Li, has gold lanterns, roof vent, all the other normal gold bits and the older style snow plows. Not sure I would like the whole lantern gold. Those are from the Circus train Stainz. I can also get just the gold body lanterns on fleabay. I need to open up my Stainz, I noticed she has the higher voltage lamps for MTS operation over the normal 5vt lamps, which I swapped in to get brighter lamps. I hate tearing down a Stainz, they are one of the hardest to get totaly appart or atleast to where i can see if it has a decoder. Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.    Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stainz gold headlight trim rings wanted.
Page 1 of 1