Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers   Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Evening

Today we spent a cold, but otherwise dry and sunny day at Didcot Railway Centre - on a visit to take my son Steven to see Father Christmas. It occurred to me there, as I was snapping away with reckless abandon that there might have been something here that someone else would have dearly loved to get a close-up photo of. If only I had posted something on here in advance of my visit, someone might have been able to request a photo of their Cowans-Sheldon steam crane for example (which I did actually get, by the way if anyone really is interested in seeing it!)

So my suggestion is, to have a forum category on here somewhere for requests for such images or video, or indeed offers to capture such images/vids. I have seen it done on other (non-train-related) fora, with reasonable success.

What say you, Mr Forum Admin?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers   Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 9:55 pm

It could perhaps be a good idea on here .... perhaps pics sent by PM might be better.
On another forum, there was interest in pics of Harz and other East German lines, so I went out of my way on holiday to take pics that were really of no interest to myself but thought they would be appreciated as forum reference. Seems to me that they aren't too interested in reference these days ... more interested in bragging. When I posted some of them to test the water, they were largely ignored, so I took them all down again and no-one even noticed. Complete waste of my time. When any of the certain clique post a pic though it is boot licks all round. I don't post there any more as I feel I am wasting my energy.

elephant

Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers DSCN1587
L45H-358 ex Romanian d/h locomotive at Dippoldiswalde [02/10/08] being used on works trains whilst flood damage and upgrading is being carried out prior to re-opening of the Weißeritztalbahn, one of three lines operated by BVO

Last edited by MzB on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers   Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 10:19 pm

I remember you showing me/the forum this loco. I wish I had the modelling skills to build it.

Looks simple? Not from here!

Good idea BTW Clive.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers   Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:10 pm

New category created. Smile

Andy, glad you posted this picture. These must be the most common narrow diesel in the world. Built by Faur in Romania and used in most countries.
Is this a Caterpillar or MAN engined version?

If you get any more pics then please post away.

The Corsicans had them for rebuilding the entire railway system. They were used by the construction company CFG, Chantiers Ferroviaire Giragr.

Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers Cfgfau10
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers   Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Not sure of engine .... got pic of builders plate of L45H 358 though ....

Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers DSCN1588
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers   Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Looking at these a bit closer.

There were 2 series used in Corsica. Nos. 45001-45003 and 60001-60009
The latter were fitted with V12 Caterpillar engines of 515hp and the 45 series were fitted with 6 cyl. Maybach engines of only 330hp. which were nearly useless in the mountains.
Both series are visually identical and share similar transmission systems.

There is someone who was making/has made a G scale model of one of these. A chap called Didier Baradel near Orleans. I can't find anymore details so I will try and contact him.

I feel tempted to have a go myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers   Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for a new forum category - Photo/vid requests and offers
Page 1 of 1