Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fête de Vapeur CFBS

Go down 
+8
k&nwlr
philkelly
Paulus
KleineDicke
David Grantham
Sparkeswood
GWhizz
Carl Hibbs
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm

I already had you two included Phil. Wink

Do you mind (if necessary) not actually eating in Saint Valery. If the weather is fine as Brian said it may be pretty busy and the service consequently poor.

This may unfortunately involve some driving but I think the caravan park is a fair way from the town anyway.

Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 am

I am sure it will be the company and not the venue which will make the evening! Anywhere in Somme would be fine!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:20 pm

The snow didn't prevent me from visiting today. Most of it had cleared anyway.
Thoroughly pleasant and welcoming people. All very professional and splendid facilities for hardworking Wink volunteers.

A few pics to get you in the mood for 3 weeks time......Those who are not playing golf that is.... Very Happy

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0610

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0611

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0612

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0613

The Camemberts must be painted red!

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0614

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0615

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0616

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0617

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0618

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0619
This is what we were working on most of the day to get ready for the fête vapeur.
An ex Swiss BOB Fourgon, now a bicycle and pushchair wagon!

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Cfbs0620
We will be located somewhere around here in the forecourt of the station at St Valery.
We will be in quite a small exclusive tent (6m x 5m) loaned by the mairie but as close as possible to one of the buildings. We may well be on the grass next to the barbecue.
We will be able to open up the sides of the tent if it's nice.
The line in the foreground goes to the port.

I haven't booked a restaurant yet as I am still not sure of what time we will finish.
We certainly will be running at 20:00 until the last train.
From talking to people today we could just all be eating al fresco on the grass!
We'll see more clearly when Brian and I arrive on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:30 am

Looking forward to it. BBQ or restaurant, I'm sure both will be nice (I had to Google on the definition 'all fresco').
Actually, my daughter and her friend (SWMBO stays home...) would find that safer than the French cuisine in a restaurant. But I told the ladies I'm sure French restaurants do not only serve snails!
Its nice she takes a friend with her, so I have more time playing trains while they explore the railway and villages ;-)
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Paulus wrote:
Looking forward to it. BBQ or restaurant, I'm sure both will be nice (I had to Google on the definition 'all fresco').
Actually, my daughter and her friend (SWMBO stays home...) would find that safer than the French cuisine in a restaurant. But I told the ladies I'm sure French restaurants do not only serve snails!

Good job you didn't tell them about songbird paté and 'live' cheese..... pale

I used to think Al Fresco was a Spanish singer. Cool

If all else fails there is a decent pizza take away the other side of the railway.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:05 pm

A couple of things I forgot from yesterday.

1. The Sprague-Thompson metro unit is going to be powered by an on board 650v generator set. Shocked

2. A long while back someone on here asked me about (modelling) an autorail in storage at the CFBS, a 2 axle locally built (VFIL) machine that looks a little like a squashed Billard 150 Porcinet.

CFBS autorail M31

There is a plan to bring this back into service if there are enough volunteers willing to restore it.

Could be good to make a model at the same time.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Paulus wrote:

Good job you didn't tell them about songbird paté and 'live' cheese..... pale

I used to think Al Fresco was a Spanish singer. Cool

If all else fails there is a decent pizza take away the other side of the railway.

And don't forget other delicacies like cervelle d'agneau Shocked. There's not likely to be any raw herrings to gulp down, though affraid.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Bought tickets online. Just a few more weeks and than due south! Still, I must not forget to buy me some earplugs for during the travel to France...
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Paulus wrote:
... Just a few more weeks and than due south!....

Just a few more days Paul. It's next weekend!
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Paulus wrote:
... Just a few more weeks and than due south!....

Just a few more days Paul. It's next weekend!

What!? affraid

Yes off course! That was what I ment indeed... cheers

Just a few questions:
- is it true that navigation systems in France are forbidden to have speed camera warnings? Even if this option is switched off?
- are those alcohol test thingies required to have on board of the car now? Were can you buy these? Gas station?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Paulus wrote:

Just a few questions:
- is it true that navigation systems in France are forbidden to have speed camera warnings? Even if this option is switched off?
- are those alcohol test thingies required to have on board of the car now? Were can you buy these? Gas station?

Glad you got the date right!

For the speed cameras (radar in French) be careful. If you have a legal and approved sat nav system you should be okay as long as any facility to show speed cameras is switched off.
You can have a facility like apps on a smart phone which tells of an 'incident' on the road ahead but it must not warn of a radar.

The alcohol testers ('ethylotest') are now obligatory from March 1st this year but unlike the original 2012 law you won't be sanctioned if you don't have one...!!! scratch

See:
Ethylotest
Most supermarkets and service stations sell them and you will need at least two, cost about 2-3 euros each.

Also are you bringing some trains with you? How about your steam engine project even if it is not fully functioning?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:33 am

Only 1 week to go for the World Cup of railway events - the last one being in 2009.

Here is their latest and last newletter before the big event: CFBS News

Whether you are coming or not it is well worth getting a copy of the 'Guide du Spotter' which as you might guess is a transpotter's guide to the events including timetables, stock etc..
This is available for sale at 3 euros from the website or at the event and is an excellent souvenir. I have one as I am a member... Very Happy

One disappointing news is the weather, a sad forecast of rain showers and temperatures barely reaching 10°C. And of course we are located outside in a tent so I would bring some warm clothing and an umbrella!
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Have fun anyone who is going. Unfortunately, the date clashes with the 16mm AGM and I´ve "got to pick up some stuff ....". I´ll post the videos that usually emerge from the event as soon as I see them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the weatherforecast Carl! I'm packing some warm clothes. And some trains also!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 am

More (almost real-time) news of the CFBS and fête de la vapeur can be found here:

Passion Métrique

Good photos of visiting stock arriving and latest amazing progress with the Pinguely restoration. This locomotive will be baptised during the weekend.

See attachment for CGT souvenir. Laughing

Attachments
Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 AttachmentGuide spotter 1.pdf
Now available 'Guide du Spotter CGT'
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(817 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Well, I can't join you but I shall be clutching my copy of the 'Guide du Spotter....' which will be prominently displayed on the railway notice board. Good luck Carl & the guys - I hope everything goes well and you have a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 am

Looks like it will be a fabulous event and not to be missed. Aaagh.
Good luck and I hope you all have a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:29 pm

A lot of materiel has starting arriving including a 150P (yes... a 2-10-0) standard gauge.

and a Surprise Loco.

The excitement is building....

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Looks good!

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 833270
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Wish I could be there....
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm

KleineDicke wrote:
Wish I could be there....
You will be!! In spirit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Nearly ready to go.....
Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Traile10
Some creative packing but still a whole car load yet to fit in the car. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:40 am

It's worth looking at these excellent pictures from Yves:

Passion Métrique CFBS

The Sprague Thompson metro has arrived and already running. Accordingly to the notes this was converted a long while ago by the RATP with a large generator in one of the motor cars, part of the seating compartment area being used. You can see one set of doors one side is blanked off.
In effect this really is an electro-diesel multiple unit and usually runs with 2 full second class cars with a red first composite in between.

Plus lots of other material has now arrived including the DeDion JM from the MTVS and a Renault bus from AMTUIR....... king

The weather (forecast) can't make up its mind....now certain (?) rain for tomorrow but maybe lucky for the weekend. scratch
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Pingue11
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Mad Twisted Evil Sad

We left Eindhoven at 14:30 hr this afternoon. Spend more than 4 hours in the todays extra severe traffic jams in and arround Antwerp (only 80 km from our house). I tried to go through the centre what turned out to be a failure, there was a bomb alert in Antwerp Central and all traffic got stuck in the rushhour...
Actually, we could not even get pass Antwerp so we returned and we give it a next try in the early morning (04:00) More than 6 hours in the car, just to eat french frys at the MacDonald. E34 highway is closed untill monday due to a accindent with a chemicals truck so we have to take a different route.

Why is traffic in Belgium always that hard?

Back to top Go down
Sparkeswood

Sparkeswood

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Oscar and I are on the 06.20 train out in the morning.Hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fête de Vapeur CFBS   Fête de Vapeur CFBS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fête de Vapeur CFBS
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next