Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train Empty
PostSubject: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Two nice Youtube finds about a still operating SNCF narrow gauge line that is opened in 1910.
Some of the rolling stock from that period is still in use!

Knowing someone here has a weak for yellow trains, I thought I'll post it Wink

https://youtu.be/MFiVEEZfTv4

https://youtu.be/ajVvJJPSoko

Wikepedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ligne_de_Cerdagne
Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train 640px-Trainjaune_03

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:29 pm

A fantastic railway to travel on and particularly scary due to the shear drops and the very wobbly suspension bridge. I did not tell my travelling companions about the poor standard of track maintenace for fear they would not travel but about 6 weeks after our trip there was a serious derailment and extra investment was provided. The open passenger wagons are also good fun.
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:07 pm

few years ago, I had the pleasure of driving this wonderful process!
  view from the way the cockpit is impressive.
  But it is a derailment bearing member and not track.

il y a quelques années ,j'ai eu le plaisir de piloter ce merveilleux train !!!
la voie vue depuis le poste de conduite est impréssionnante .
Mais ce dernier déraillement est du à un organe de roulement et non à la voie .

This is a fantastic walk ,c'est une promenade fantastique
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:39 pm

You mean the derailment was caused by the train itself and not caused by bad track? Problem with a bogie or something?

Am I correct that the derailment was a first accident since the opening of the line?
According to this website (http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Le-petit-train-jaune) the railway had only 1 accident that took place even before the line was opened: in 1909. (what would be a tremendous achievement anyway).

The line is on top of my 'want to visit sometime...' list. Hopefully they keep the old material untill I visit (and beyond) because that modern stock looks the same like all other modern stock all over the world: boring...

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Paul,

I am not certain that the accident was track related but it was pretty rough in places.
I have had a quick look to find the accident details in the Railway Magazine (British Monthly) as there was a report about it. All I can remember is that the accident occurred near Font-Romeu and the carriage was saved from tipping over by a railside structure like a gantry or something similar. If I find the article I could post it to you.

If you don't mind precarious heights the railway is obsolutely fabulous and when I travelled the train was heritage stock and I think the intention is to keep it. I would like to go back in the summer and travel "al fresco/en plein air" in the open wagons.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks David. If you can find the article I'm interested indeed. study

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:28 am

Paul, I cant find the magazine but there is a short piece on the web here

http://goo.gl/q7Csh

You will need to scroll down a little to see the text and pictures
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:32 am

Found another web entry that says the cause of the accident was a broken rail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train   Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train Empty

Back to top Go down

Le petit train jaune / the little yellow train
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: General films and photos-
Jump to: