Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Die Selfkantbahn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Die Selfkantbahn Empty
PostSubject: Die Selfkantbahn   Die Selfkantbahn EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:25 pm

On my way from Germany to visit our friend Paul (and his family) in Eindhoven, I made a brief stop at the Selfkantbahn, a preserved meter gauge Kleinbahn located near the Dutch border.  Here's a few photos of my visit.

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0010

When one arrives at the station, you are greeted by this Unimog rail truck. Almost looks like a toy.
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0011

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0012

The Locomotive running this day is #101 "Schwarzach" an 0-4-0 built by Krauss-Maffei in 1949.
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0013

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0014

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0015

Other rolling stock:
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0110

A Standard Gauge wagon on a rollbock:
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0111

Rollbock Close-up
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0112

A mystery car. The outline looks like a passenger car, but notice how high the buffers are.
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0113

Inside the repair shop, there are a lot of interesting things to see as well. First is this tram locomotive, built by the Alsace Locomotive Works in 1897 (when Alsace was part of Germany). It has an inside frame and inside cylinders, and lots of character.
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0016

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0017

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0018

A feldbahn diesel straight out of the LGB catalog
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0019

A railcar or two
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0020

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0021

An East German diesel
Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0022

Another tramway locomotive (kastenlok), built by Henschel in 1899. Looks like they barely fit the boiler into the body. The more I look at it, the more I wonder if it's a fireless locomotive. Nothing about this on the Selfkantbahn's website.

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0024

Die Selfkantbahn Gedc0023

That's all the photos; I'll try to get some movies uploaded as well.
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

Die Selfkantbahn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Selfkantbahn   Die Selfkantbahn EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:03 am

Good stuff, Bill. It looks like the Henschel was bought by a paper mill in 1942 and converted to fireless operation. The mystery object looks like another railcar but actually one from the original line. 

Die Selfkantbahn Gkb_3
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

Die Selfkantbahn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Selfkantbahn   Die Selfkantbahn EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:43 am

Great pictures Bill! (sorry for my late reply btw...). Its good to see you've enjoyed the Selfkant railway. 

That Alsace Locomotive Works tram engine looks suitable for a Stainz kitbash, actually.
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

Die Selfkantbahn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Selfkantbahn   Die Selfkantbahn EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:54 am

As an Alsace resident, I liked the look of that loco. It also has a passing resemblance to the new Regner loco - sadly the owner of the company Manfred Regner, well known from exhibitions and his workshop in Bavaria, died on 21 July.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Paulus

Paulus

Die Selfkantbahn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Selfkantbahn   Die Selfkantbahn EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 am

k&nwlr wrote:
... sadly the owner of the company Manfred Regner, well known from exhibitions and his workshop in Bavaria, died on 21 July.

Thats bad news. Neutral 64 years. Died due blood infection.

I've just visited the Regner website and there is an announcement:
http://www.regner-dampftechnik.de/aktuelles/aktuell/chefverstorben.php
(with a link to an online memorial book, for those who want to make last regads).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Die Selfkantbahn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Die Selfkantbahn   Die Selfkantbahn Empty

Back to top Go down

Die Selfkantbahn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Full size 1:1 trains-
Jump to: