Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014

Go down 
+5
KleineDicke
Carl Hibbs
k&nwlr
David Grantham
GWhizz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GWhizz

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Just a reminder that this event is just a weekend away!

I think I've been in contact with all the CGT participants, but do let me know if I've missed anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 9:19 am

Nothing to do with the G scale meeting, but I want to correct a common mistake:

The 14th July has been chosen as the french national day, NOT in memory of the 14th of july 1789, when Bastille was invaded by Paris people, but in memory of 14th of july 1790, which was the "Federation Day". When the date was chosen there were still many royalists and it would have been a big diplomatic mistake to celebrate the Bastille Day. The Federation day which was the reconciliation (very temporary, I agree!) of the King and the people. It was a much more diplomatic choice.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm

I hope everyone has a marvellous weekend, it looks a cracking occasion all round.
I had reserved accomodation until my son decided to get married on the July 12th.

Avez-vous une bonne

David
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Done that.

Civil marriage on the 12th in Switzerland and church in France on the 14th July. That was a while back though as the current Ms K&NWLR has pointed out on a number of occasions ....

So sadly, no trip to the G Scale Gathering ....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 am

Hope you will enjoy it, cannot come, had to cancel the hotel.

We 'll expect some nice pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:39 pm

So how did the week end go chaps?
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:27 pm

We want pics!!!  Very Happy  Razz  Surprised  Shocked  Laughing  drunken
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 7:22 am

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Carl_w10International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Locomo10
International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 View_f10
Unfortunately and stupidly I didn't take my camera. Here are a few pics that Jean-Paul sent me by e mail.

There are a couple more pics and I know Phil and Brian took some photos too. Laughing 

It's a very nice place there. And now has a toilet and shower block if people want to camp/caravan.

There are tented shelters for eating and preparation and electricity onsite but no track power facility.

I would thoroughly recommend another visit.
The second Sunday each month is open to the public with ground level ride-on trains.
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks for the pics. It looks like quite a substantial piece of Engineering, all round. Shame it was my wedding anniversary ......
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:46 pm

yes thanks for the pics, ditto what k&nwir said I must try and make it another time.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 pm

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp111
I also didn't take a camera, but this was due to space considerations in the car as we were travelling on to the UK after the event in Blois.  However here are a few from the mobile phone.

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp210
A line up of locos on the 7.25" ground level track.  I had great fun driving the TGV in the background which is powered by a 3 cylinder Kubota mini tractor engine.  Surprisingly it's of UK construction!!!

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp310
There were some weird and wonderful live steam contraptions including the double oscillator "boot"!

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp410I
And a genuine live steam Mallet with high and low pressure cylinders just as prototype practice!

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp510I
The young man on the left celebrated his 14th birthday on July 14th in 2014 which has some significance for the French.  We enjoyed a few glasses of champagne the day after this was taken on the 13th.  Our host Jean Paul is to be seen on right wearing the CVDP cap.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 pm

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp610
All the turnouts on the 45mm layout are powered by a clever system which is pneumatically operated.  This mimic panel sits atop a small compressor and the routes are changed with a flick of a a valve and the subsequent hiss!

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp710
My line up of live steam locos taken to the event.  From Left to right "Owain" kit based on Accucraft chassis, "Tram" built by Carl for Mikey which subsequently suffered a severe fire and has now been partially restored, Accucraft Edrig with custom cab by me, Regner Max from kit.

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp810
The ladies in our party spent most of the weekend exploring the beautiful city of Blois, some 15k from the event where our hotel was located.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 4:55 pm

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 20140710
I sneakily managed to convince Caroline that St Valery at the Baie de la Somme preserved railway would be convenient for our Calais ferry crossing the next day.  Managed to fit in a ride behind a Pinguelly and a Cail in the process!
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks for the Pictures Brian, it gives a good flavour to your weekend.
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Nice pics. Shame I couldn´t make it, but I´ll have to remember that point about it being logistically convenient for the UK. Now all I need to do is to convince the current Ms K&NWLR that the UK is more than just convenient to visit.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:44 pm

k&nwlr wrote:
Nice pics. Shame I couldn´t make it, but I´ll have to remember that point about it being logistically convenient for the UK. Now all I need to do is to convince the current Ms K&NWLR that the UK is more than just convenient to visit.
Yes I don't think even I could pull that one off....... lol!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:45 pm

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Cvdp910

A better view of the Mallet
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 am

Quite a size, that Mallet. And quite a lot of pulling power, as well, I could imagine.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Well it does seem a long time ago, but it was a memorable occasion at a unique venue 45mm, 5" and 7 1/4" circuits. Sod's law dictates that my memory card ran out, but as well as these pics, there is some video to run through and I will get tound to that too. Anyway, here are Brian and Van waiting to launch a steamer on to the circuit:

[img][/img][url][/url][url][/url][url]]

Carl's diesel and  showing the extent of the 45mm circuit:

The points on the 45mm circuit are pneumatically controlled from this box

Dual guage  5" and 7 1/4" track means complicated pointwork:

This 7 1/4" Mallet just one of the many locos running (more on the videos to come):

[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Oh G*d the picture up load didn't work.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:49 pm

[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:55 pm

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 BrianandVan_zpsa9c67761

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 CarldieselatBlois2_zps0a557cc6

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 CarlDieselatBlois_zps743d2434

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Controlbox_zps5f6c1252

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Dualgaugetrack_zps279eabe5

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Mallet_zps3dd33dda
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Hooray!
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks for the perseverance!
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Great stuff looks like you all had an interesting weekend.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:43 pm

I'm afraid that my videos proved rather disappointing - probably because I was "recording" on a full memory card. I'm not even sure that there's sound on the videos, but they do give an idea of how generously laid out the facility is. One of the attractions is the mini (7 1/4") gauge TGV, which Brian got to drive:

https://youtu.be/pZLUOn5NjMI

https://youtu.be/uBhnL2cpUK0

Van got a ride behind a 5" gauge Decauville. There was a slight scale mismatch. 

https://youtu.be/GGZyhQWfDAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014   International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

International G Scale Gathering in France July 2014
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next