Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Riffelalp tramcar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

Riffelalp tramcar Empty
PostSubject: Riffelalp tramcar   Riffelalp tramcar EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 am

I found something that may interest some of you:

http://www.riffelalp.com/UserFiles/files/Riffelalp%20Tram%20Modell%202013.pdf

It would be better suited for 32mm track to be on the same scale as IIm. But it couls be an ad-on for a IIm garden train.

I have known the previous tramcar, working with triphase stream. A part from power, the former wood version could be even easier to build.

Riffelalp tramcar 1960-015

et:
Riffelalp tramcar 1960-016
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

Riffelalp tramcar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riffelalp tramcar   Riffelalp tramcar EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 am

I have found on the net some very interesting documents on this odd little car.

- In the late 40'sit appeared to be decorated with beautiful moulded panels and no curtains.

- In the late 50's those panels were probably in poor shape and had been covered with simple ordinary boards (roughly 7 cm wide). They probably thought it looked a little too much like a box and added curtains as can be seen on my upper picture.

- The last version has retained both options. The chassis seems to be the same although it has been re-powered.

The luggage van seems to be quite different from the original one. The later had suffered some changes too. The sides had been plugged on half of their length between the 40's and the late 90's where they were in the Seiler House garden for the kids to play with.

So every one can reproduce whichever version according to his tastes, his skill and what the version evocates him.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Riffelalp tramcar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riffelalp tramcar   Riffelalp tramcar EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Amazing, I never knew this existed. A great little modelling project that could be built into a small scenic module...... Exclamation

There is a page on wikipedia in English.

I see the track gauge is actually 800mm which would make the scale about 1:18 using 45mm track.
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

Riffelalp tramcar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riffelalp tramcar   Riffelalp tramcar EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:36 pm

The model that has been made for the hotel loundge is 1/18 scale.

[url=http://www.riffelalp.com/UserFiles/files/Riffelalp Tram Modell 2013.pdf]http://www.riffelalp.com/UserFiles/files/Riffelalp%20Tram%20Modell%202013.pdf[/url]

If I happen tto build one, it would be roughly at 1/22.5 running on a 32mm track (0 gauge). Would have I kept the Pola maxi 0 loks (that I stupidly disgarded a few years ago), I would immediately undertake this little project, but I am reluctant building a chassis from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riffelalp tramcar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riffelalp tramcar   Riffelalp tramcar Empty

Back to top Go down

Riffelalp tramcar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: