Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
k&nwlr

Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum Empty
PostSubject: Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum   Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:49 pm

I saw this guy at lunchtime today. His job is to dust the locomotives. Switzerland is a very clean country  Laughing 

Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum 13426013975_253a81c192
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum   Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Hmmm... looking at the battery box (?) on the MIB railcar he's got a bit of catching up to do. I don't think I've seen that much dust in the rest of the country.

Its funny that a hydro-electric electric company would use battery railcars. I went in the ex Bern tram era, but they didn't accept Inter-rail so we poor students back tracked to the Sherlock Holmes pub in Meiringen for a drink.
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum   Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:05 pm

dtsteam wrote:
Hmmm... looking at the battery box (?) on the MIB railcar he's got a bit of catching up to do. I don't think I've seen that much dust in the rest of the country.

Its funny that a hydro-electric electric company would use battery railcars. I went in the ex Bern tram era, but they didn't accept Inter-rail so we poor students back tracked to the Sherlock Holmes pub in Meiringen for a drink.

Well, I suppose you have to store the electricity somewhere  Razz  .... and it make have to do with avoiding the cost of all those wires.

My favourite example however is the short-lived Sissach-Gelterkinden Bahn, which is the only known example of a company moving from electricity to steam. They built the power plant on a river to generate hydro-electricity. Unfortunately, measurements were made in springtime when the river was high and fast-moving. You can guess the rest, but it was an almost Irish example of a railway where passengers were regularly invited to get out and push.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum   Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting job at Lucerne Transport Museum
Page 1 of 1