Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hinges for model railcars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

Hinges for model railcars Empty
PostSubject: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:10 am

Has anyone overcome the problem of small hinges for railway models? I found quite a lot at Micromodele but I am not sure they can do the job: I think they are more design for casket than for doors.  For this purpose they shall close completely flat.

All links or references welcome!
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

se renseigner chez les Marchants de modélisme naval. 
il Ya des charnières verser les sabords.
se renseigner auprès de la modélisation de la marine marchande. 
il charnières pour les ports.

Hinges for model railcars Museem11

Hinges for model railcars 159_ma10

Last edited by tram47 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 7:32 am

Micromodèle est bien un marchand de modélisme naval. Je vais les appeler au téléphone, car on ne voit rien sur leurs illustrations de 1x2 cm.

Merci,
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Finalement j'ai trouvé de petites charnières chez Jet à Lyon. De plus elles ne coûtent que 0,50 euro.

I finaly found small hinges at Jet in Lyon; furthermore they are rather cheap at 0,50 euro. This is the first door I mounted:

Hinges for model railcars Montag11
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:21 pm

thank you and congratulations. 
it is a model for boats or planes?
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:40 am

Neither! It is a live diesel model of an old diesel engine built in Sweden buy Polar-Deva and rented in the 20's to a french metric railway company in the near Paris neighbourood.You have pictures in this forum in an other topic.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Excellent hinges I'm going to buy some.
Nice woodwork too. Smile
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Saint-Oblas wrote:
Finalement j'ai trouvé de petites charnières chez Jet à Lyon. De plus elles ne coûtent que 0,50 euro.

I finaly found small hinges at Jet in Lyon; furthermore they are rather cheap at 0,50 euro. This is the first door I mounted:

Hinges for model railcars Montag11

Ca c´est jolie. Encore une idée de copier vite  Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 am

Certainly not a very good idea to be copied: setting thoses hinges is a mess! I have eight doors to do. I have to do it again and again. Either the glue went into the hinge,spoiled it so that I had to repace it, or it did not glue at all. I tried Cyanolit, but I am surely wrong but I never succeeded with Cyanolit in sticking anything else than my fingers or the glue cap so that it canot be used anymore: at the price they sell it, it is not a bargain. So I came back to that brave old Araldite: long, long, difficult to,use but so efficient; and two tubes can last for years even opened.

I still have two double doors to do since the two I stuck yesterday with Cyanolit dissassembled this morning!
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:06 am

I stop for a while dealing with these damned hinges, otherwise I shall grow mad (if I am not mad yet!). I glue one and two others unglue... A part from the problem of puttong inlines the hinges that Carl mentionned (I forgot the art of understatement that British may show), I think the thickness of my doors are a problem because either you leave plenty of play betwwen the door and the fixed part (excuse me I do not know the exact term) or the door cannot develop open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hinges for model railcars   Hinges for model railcars Empty

Back to top Go down

Hinges for model railcars
Page 1 of 1