Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Riberac Station

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

Riberac Station Empty
PostSubject: Riberac Station   Riberac Station EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:58 am

Riberac is my local station, or was until 1952. It was formerly known as 'La petite etoile' (little star) as it was at the junction of 4 railway lines converging from the 4 points of the compass.since the early 60's it has been used as a holiday centre for SNCF employees. A lot of money has been spent restoring it and it is an ideal subject for modelling;

This is the station in its heyday;

Riberac Station Riberac-1

and now:

Riberac Station Riberac004

trackside (now a 5-a-side pitch,tennis court, and swimming pool)

Riberac Station Riberac002

the restored water tower;

Riberac Station Riberac007-1

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Riberac Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riberac Station   Riberac Station EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:22 am

I know of this station. I've seen it in SNCF literature somewhere. Is it still owned an used by them Mikey as a holiday centre?

BTW. if you're bazzing around the Dordogne/Lot I would mind some piccies of the station at Martel.
Remember the one I posted for sale a while back on Troy's forum.

In fact all French station pics (that anyone takes) would make a superb online library. I will speak to the incontinental garden trains administrator (me) about saving a copy of them somewhere else that we can all have viewable access to if you agree.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Riberac Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riberac Station   Riberac Station EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:43 am

yes still operated by SNCF and patronised by the kids of employees. the trouble is that right next door is the biggest gypsy camp in the dordogne (actually built along the permanent way). When the two sets get together...!!!

Mikey (no probs with any pics for you, and great idea for library) you must be short of work!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riberac Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riberac Station   Riberac Station Empty

Back to top Go down

Riberac Station
Page 1 of 1