Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the little details

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

the little details Empty
PostSubject: the little details   the little details EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 pm

with all this snow (which is starting to disappear) its been impossible to get on with the work on the line. I got to thinking about something else i could do.then it came to me! everybody has a few buildings on their layouts; a few people, perhaps vehicles and animals. what little details could I put on to help with the realism (perhaps not important to some but for me it's what makes a garden railway)

What little details have you included (or would like to include) on your railway.

(I have started making rabbit hutches and 'fimo' rabbits (every french household would have had these in their gardens in 1910 mmm...rabbit stew!)

mikey
Back to top Go down
bruce

bruce

the little details Empty
PostSubject: Re: the little details   the little details EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm with you, Mikey, I enjoy making and adding little details. Made various bits and bobs for the stations as shown in the photos in this topic, but will no doubt make more as ideas occur to me. I'm gradually building up some junk around the water tower at Birkenhof, for example, which includes some cut rail sections for "repairs", some crates, a couple of barrels - not too much stuff, just general PWay clutter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hdlr.moonfruit.com
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

the little details Empty
PostSubject: Re: the little details   the little details EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I tend to work in spurts of different types of work..........

"Large" works, such as a bridge will be installed to give a good overall impression that I'm happy to look at.
"Small" works follow up to add the smaller details......

Generally speaking though, I tend to go for overall impression over the smaller details.
But I do enjoy looking at the fine details - Bruce's HDLR being a fine example of this. Very Happy

Image hosted by servimg.com" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Sponsored content

the little details Empty
PostSubject: Re: the little details   the little details Empty

Back to top Go down

the little details
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: