Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from the BredeOstBahn

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from the BredeOstBahn Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:29 pm

BredeOstBahn? Yep. Doesn't exist yet but since I moved house and lifted the Bredebahn (which some of you might have heard of) we moved about 6 miles from Brede in East Sussex towards Rye and in the general direction of Carl which is of course East. So although I have no railway at all at the moment, when the new line is built then it will be to the East of the old - hence the insert of Ost and the resulting initials of BoB - which is a wonderful railway in its' own right! Nice to see a few familiar faces in here, and a really grand selection of emoticons Basketball A big hello to all who already know me and to those who don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Hello John, will wait with anticipation to see the new line
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Nice to have around here John.

I'm very sad that the old Bredebahn has gone and that I never managed a visit. I remember with affection some of those great pictures and the good trackwork with exquisite rolling stock.

Good luck with the new house and railway and please keep us posted with developments.

There are quite a few bosoming lines on this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Thanks Carl. The trackwork and stock are still with me - but in boxes. As you'll know if you've been following the other forum, the potential that I have for a new railway at this place is huge - but despite being full time retired these days there are so many things to be done here that it's going to take a bit of time to get around to building the new railway. Never mind, I'll get there, and I can make a good start with what I am fortunate to already have without spending a penny. Of course I'll be keeping you posted - and looking for ideas that get around the wood from the trees syndrome!

Don't forget, if anyone's coming into this area and wants basic, but free, camping or caravanning facilities for a night or three, then I have some nice level(ish) paddocks you are welcome to use.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:44 am

Bredebahn wrote:

Don't forget, if anyone's coming into this area and wants basic, but free, camping or caravanning facilities for a night or three, then I have some nice level(ish) paddocks you are welcome to use.

Hi John

Similarly I can offer free camping (tent supplied ) / caravan pitch in paddock if anyone's heading South West France (Dodogne / Limousin / Charente ) border !

Cheers Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Well that's it then...

All our holidays for the year sorted out. sunny geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:32 pm

Keep an eye out on the GSM forum as Alan and I are planning an open day based on Alan's Oxney Island railway in the summer. Caravans and tents pitched here with a BBQ on the Saturday evening with railway films on the big screen (hopefully) and then Alan's railway on the Sunday (about 10 minutes away). We are 5 minutes away from historic Rye, the beach at Camber is 10 minutes, Battle (30 min), Hastings (20 min) and Ashford (with a big retail outlet for the ladies) is 30 minutes. Oh, and the Kent and East Sussex Railway (20min) and the RH&D (30 min) among other local attractions...........

Last edited by Bredebahn on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:11 pm

carl hibbs wrote:
Well that's it then...

All our holidays for the year sorted out. sunny geek

No Problem !

Do you want the 6 Man Tent

Or the centrally heated shelter ? (2 donkeys)

Cheers Brian
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm

No need for a Caravan, the accomodation's already here .....

Hello from the BredeOstBahn Donkey11

Last edited by GWhizz on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
markbiff

markbiff

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:09 pm

save us a spot for car and caravan
Very Happy Hello from the BredeOstBahn Imag0210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the BredeOstBahn   Hello from the BredeOstBahn Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from the BredeOstBahn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: