Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 Empty
PostSubject: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:57 am

Morning all

Stumbled across this whilst searching for something completely different... as usual!

It's a downloadable set of signage - from a web site that was to do with modelling of WW2 wargaming stuff - obviously some of the signs are military in nature, but there are some shop signs etc

Useful for anyone doing French shops etc ?

Anyway, here's the link (free for non-commercial use):

http://www.rapid-fire.uk.com/normandy_signs1.pdf

Hope someone finds it useful
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Very useful...thanks mate.

Watch for a few of those appearing on the CFG this spring and I've been looking for good realistic Dubonnet signs for ages.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Oooo, Clive - terrific! Very Happy

Now then - assuming one has access to a colour printer, what tips do people have about keeping these things weather proof outside? Print on photo paper and varnish? any particular type? I printed some on ordinary paper, squashed them between clear plastic and wrapped them in cling film. Don't try that - it doesn't work... pale
Phil
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Get youself a plastic laminator Phil.

I bought one from C Discount in France. They're now only about 30€ and you can by the plastic pouches in Carrefour.

CDiscount Plastifieuse

I print them on the printer using normal paper and cut them out invidually, sandwich the labels/posters in the laminating pouch and feed through the machine carefully. Then I cut the posters and the palstic leaving a few mllimetres of plastic around them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:04 pm

If you use Epson Durabrite inks, they are waterproof once dry .... print onto inkjet vinyls and everything is then totally waterproof. If you want to laminate your work, well, I bought my laminator from Lidl for £9.99p .... A box of laminates (50x A4) .. or .. (50x various A5 / 6"x4" / Business Card) were £3.99p, so very cheap.

flower
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 am

Thank you guys..a laminator it is..

Phil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 pm

What's happening to the posts .... certain words seem to be getting linked to adverts ... are the Google-bots allowed to moderate ???

scratch
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:22 pm

I will investigate Andy....

We've had a lot of 'bot' visit's lately. I may try and ban the bot IP addresses....
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:39 am

MzB wrote:
What's happening to the posts .... certain words seem to be getting linked to adverts ... are the Google-bots allowed to moderate ???
scratch
Looks like it only happens if you aren't logged in... still spooky though What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944   French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944 Empty

Back to top Go down

French (Normandy) Signs, circa 1944
Page 1 of 1