Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ferrovi'art

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Ferrovi'art Ferrop10

I shall be there with the portable layout, live steam and electric.
It's right on the edge of N/E Paris. Easy to get to.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend. Can't put you up as Pierre Christian and family are staying but there are cheap hotels nearby.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Just a reminder that I will be busy tomorrow until Sunday night.

Should have Pierre and family staying as they have a stand at the show.

Ferrovi'art list

They're expecting 2,500 plus visitors. Not bad for a show mainly aimed at traders (artisans).
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:49 am

Best of luck Carl bounce

Hope it goes well!

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 am

Thanks Brian,

This is the first time out for the modified (double track) layout using the new Trainline track. l'll try and get some pics.

Catch you all later.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Phew.....I'm back all right but my back is not.
Mal au dos....fatigué...epiusé....mais content.

What a busy hectic weekend for a relatively small show.

First a pic of the layout in its latest double track modular guise.

Ferrovi'art Ferrov10

This was a big success but double track means more trains and twice as busy.

I have some short video clips to put together later.

Ferrovi'art is a smallish show for mainly artisan traders with a few layouts invited to add some animation.
Over the the 2 1/2 days there were over 2,500 visitors.
Friday started with loading a hired van (I can no longer transport in my car....) and the show started at 1600 and finished at 2100.
Saturday was completely manic, non-stop from 1000-1900. And finished with a surprise Champagne presentation and gifts for people operating layouts. Embarassed

Then rush back home gobble down food and set about reparing poor EKB20 the big Reppingen 0-6-0 which spun a wheel and lost a coupling rod. Crying or Very sad
I had to reset all the timing and luckily I 'guessed' it almost right. good enough for 2 hours of Sunday morning steam.

Sunday was a little quieter except for the traditional chaotic end of show rush to dismantle and get away quickly.

Enjoyably, Pierre Christian and wife Nathalie (Imagimonde) who had a small stand came and stayed the weekend at my house as I only live 30 mins from the exhibition venue.
Their daughter is the same age as mine and the 2 girls are quite good friends.
I also have most of the parts for my engine shed now.
They are a really pleasant family.

A very nice Sunday afternoon surprise was to see Phil Kelly who 'just sort of popped in' en route back to the UK.
What a shock to look up from my plastic trayed lunch to see his smiling face across the tracks.

This was one of the best organised and well treated shows I have attended. Nothing was too much trouble for the organisers and I was constantly kept in food, wine and coffee.
Claude Dussot especially deserves a mention.

As usual with 3 day shows you get a great cross section of people complete with their seemingly daft questions and comments.

'C'est du vrai vapeur monsieur ?' is one of the more popular.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:01 am

Carl that double track looks great and I see you've positioned the information boards differently?

You were kept well busy with a single track, so how you coped with double - heaven knows!

Glad the Reppingen is OK, of course if you're no longer happy with it Razz I can find it a good home !

look forward to seeing the videos.

brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:23 am

Thanks Brian.

Yes, I was kept well busy. I had 3 trains running at some peak times, 2 live steam (1 radio controlled the other free running) plus an electric tram or similar on the same track!

The whole layout now is designed to be modular and adaptable.
It is at it's smalllest 3.1m x 2m and soon (or when I can afford the extra track...) it can be expanded up to 7.2m x 2.5m.
What you see in the picture is 5.3m x 2m. The inner radius curves are Aristo R2 (2'6" not 750mm btw) and the outer is this new Trainline stuff R2 (900mm).

At the show I took 2 bookings for 2012.

I need another steam loco though now. Something large and chunky, at least an 0-6-0 type with a big whistle.

I was being a bit arrogant on Sunday with the EKB20 and having succesfully repaired it I put on the track all steamed up ready to go, a large blast of the whistle to expectant crowd......and then suddenly nothing....the lights went dim...and the servos murmured....I'd forgotten to charge the bloody receiver batteries. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Ferrovi'art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrovi'art   Ferrovi'art EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Here's a bit of video I took but apologies due as it was difficult holding RC and camera at the same time.