Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... Empty
PostSubject: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Well I've put it off long enough, time to give it a go - if and when this is finished, it will be my first female figure!

First off though, a mock-up using Blu-Tak, to get the pose right - and in this case see what the full-length dress would look like:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_2

So straight to the drilling, pinning and filling:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_3

Note that the dress hasn't been made full-length yet - once the Milliput has cured I will go over the top of the whole dress with Green Stuff or similar - to hide the pleats, and to take the whole hem down to the ground.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:46 pm

blimey Clive you sound like Jean-Paul Gautier now!! but very nice start. Good Luck

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Today I went to work with the Green Stuff (for those of you watching in colour, yes it is grey but it's the same stuff, really Shocked )
YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_4
The problem I have had with this one now, is that on the mantelpiece where I leave my things to dry, she wouldn't stand properly - the weight of the GS is causing her to topple over - which then causes the GS to crumple as it hasn't set yet! So I have strung her up with some cotton round the neck - she is suspended from a bedroom door! Only for a couple of hours or so, then she'll be right. Dead, but right.
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm

This is turning into a "soap". Can't wait for the next episode - will she live ?, whodunnit ? , where is the evil FrankS now ?, etc etc . Yes its raining here.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

it must have happened in real life Clive;with the weight of those skirts I mean!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:37 pm

So a bit more progress this week, in parallel with the 'husband' figure...

I padded out the rest of the skirt to lose the pleats once and for all

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_5

Then this morning I had a rush of blood to the head, and made a start on the 'upper body'... now this was always going to be risky! Unfortunately I panicked, and made up slightly too much Milliput. So, where might I make use of this excess. Well, obvious really. It had occurred to me that this lady was missing a certain 'je ne sais quoi'. So I put that right:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_6

I also decided to bulk up the 'derriere' and the tummy a bit too:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_6b

Mikey, I hope that this does not cause any kind of 'discussions' in your household! It did rather prompt some searching questions at this end! e.g. "who were you thinking of when modelling her then?? Not me obviously!!!" followed by a rapid forming of ice on the inside of our dining room window as the temperature and the atmosphere both took a pronounced dip!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:03 pm

clive_t wrote:
So a bit more progress this week, in parallel with the 'husband' figure...

...Mikey, I hope that this does not cause any kind of 'discussions' in your household! It did rather prompt some searching questions at this end! e.g. "who were you thinking of when modelling her then?? Not me obviously!!!" followed by a rapid forming of ice on the inside of our dining room window as the temperature and the atmosphere both took a pronounced dip!

affraid lol!

'The picture of the fallen madonna with the big boobies'
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Excellent work Clive! Glyn wondered how you had got such a good likeness of her; until she saw the derriere!! I like it though ( something to ogle when theres no trains running!!)

Mikey
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Can you make one about 5ft 5ins please - she has reminded me of someone I used to know.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Just had another look at this model and i must say clive you have a good understanding of the female anatomy. thats a perfect parabolic curve!!
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Further progress tonight... I have preserved the lady's modesty (for the most part!) - and adorned her with a hat of sorts too:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_7

From the rear:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_7b

I think I want to do something with her hair, but not sure what at the mo. Also, I am thinking some sort of belt around the waist? Or is that too modern, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:15 am

Looking good Clive. Women of all classes normally wore their hair up,and normally with a hat.
Fresses tended to be high-waisted so belts werent worn.working women wore a pinny. If its not too late have a look at these 3 pics;

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... Gare-pref

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... Marchande-friture-22

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... FRAD027_8Fi117_0031

Dresses normally dark.

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Cracking pics Mikey! OK, I shall attempt to Dremel away the existing hair moulding at the back, and replace it with something that looks like 'hair up'! And no belt.

Are you happy with:
1. The neckline, or is it a bit too 'plunging'? I can cover her charms a bit more if you'd prefer!
2. The waistline, or do you think it should be a little higher?
3. The lower arms (below the elbow)? Currently they look (or will look) bare, but alternatively I could make a thin sleeve to extend to the wrist if you prefer, not a huge problem if that's what you want.

I didn't see her as a 'working girl' as such, but you're the man in the chair for this figure, if you want her to be wearing a pinny then that can be done quite easily.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 am

No Clive I think the hair is ok (its a short style), the only thing i'm not sure about is the amount of cleavage! (might attract more fish?). Also i think your right, if she is Mr Benets wife she would be fishing in all her finery, so no pinny!!

mike
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Edging ever closer... sprayed with grey primer, to get a better view. Pic taken from above, also to get a better view! Twisted Evil

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_8

Will hopefully cover her up a bit when I next get a chance to make some progress...
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 pm

...and a bit more progress tonight...

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_9
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Like that very much Clive!

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:10 am

So last night, and again this morning, I helped this lady fix her war-paint ...

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_10

For some reason, I like this shot better:

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... MH_French_fisherwoman_c1910_10b

Mikey, I know you mentioned 'corn-cob pipes' in an earlier post, I wonder do you still want that for this figure? I haven't tried making one yet, but I guess it wouldn't be much of a problem to apply one.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 am

Wow Clive. that figure has really come alive now! How do you do the faces, you must have an extremely steady hand.I think we'll leave the corn-cob.Looks great as it is. Trouble is I feel a need for more figures coming on!!
cheers
Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:51 am

Cheers Mikey, I am very glad you like it. The faces are actually quite straightforward - I use a base 'flesh colour' followed up with some brown in the areas of shadow, eg eye sockets, under the nose and lower lip, and under the chin, and anywhere where there is a layer of clothing next to it, eg the sleeves - oh, and in this case of course, the cleavage! That bit took me the longest of all, I felt I had to get it right! Either that, or I am a colossal perv.... yes, that'll be it!

A very small brush helps enormously too, I have found.

OK, so no pipe - ergo, this figure is done! I only have the creel to finish off for the gentleman figure, and we can think about packing them off back in time, to sunny France of c1910!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...   YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910... Empty

Back to top Go down

YAF (Yet Another Figure) - Part 5 - a French Fisherwoman, c1910...
Page 1 of 1