Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Continental Garden Trains Open day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

Continental Garden Trains Open day Empty
PostSubject: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 5:07 pm

With only three months to go to this historic meeting is there any itinerary?

I am about to book accomodation but before I do'; Presumably there will be a bit of night time running. Are there plans to have perhaps a barbecue on the saturday night?, where everybody brings something to put in the pot so to speak ( I can bring a barby if Geoff doesnt have one). If we organise some sort of food for the saturday night I just have to book a B & B. If not it will be an hotel (with restaurant).

I guess this decision is yours Geoff!

mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Mikey you are ahead of me by miles!
I was hoping to sort out some catering for the event and have a decent size gas barby.
I promise to set down some sort of order of running sometime next month.
I am really pleased that a few French cheminot are coming along via the VML site.
We arrive en France on the 9th April and will get sorted out asap.

One idea we had was that we would have a light lunch and barby with beer/wine/music until late evening, say midnight. But we were waiting until we had a better idea of numbers before we made any suggestions. I think your 'Jacob's Join' proposal is a good idea, as if any one has any particular food preference they can bring exactly what they like to eat.

Another idea is perhaps the ladies, bless em, could pop out in the PM for a local sightseeing trip and pick up the makings for the evening. I am sure Celia would be happy to guide the ladies around the village of Vouvant which is quite nice. Anyway I think you only need to book for B&B we won't see you starve!

Jeremy the Dragon has booked his ferry today, so if you want him to bring anything along it is probably best to drop him a line
cheers
Geoff cheers
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:14 pm

didnt mean to tread on your toes Geoff. I'm a great believer in forward planning! If theres anything at all you need or we can do to lighten the load just ask.

Mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Ok will do

Cheers
Geoff
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:12 pm

I am meeting Geoff in May for a recce. For those who didn't do military service ( Cool ) that means reconnaisance Wink
To gather information and prepare for this illustrious weekend.

Mikey, I sincerely hope an evening of liquid musical extravaganza is planned. Bring that 'ole guitar along and I might just bring a mandolin.

I wouldn't get too hung up on programs and order of events etc.. When I have open days here it's just 'go with the flow'. If you make too many plans then after a few glasses it just falls into disarray.
Whoever gets steam-up first and not drinking gets right of way. king

I will have a dual track portable layout too.

Thanks for the tip about Jeremy. I will be ordering a few bits.
Pierre from Imagimonde says he coming too but he's gone a bit elusive again at the moment.

My wife's definitely not coming.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi

Caroline and I (plus our two dogs) are booked into the hotel Geoff recommended, Domaine de Chantemerle, for the Saturday night!

Probably driving up on Saturday arriving mid morning, either direct from home in the Charente or possibly having taken in Friday overnight in La Rochelle.

B
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Now booked, glynis and me. No dogs no donkey no daughters no grandkids no rabbits no chickens Ah bliss!!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 pm

...But what about the guitar....? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Where did you decide to stay Mikey?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi Geoff. domaine de chantemerle. the owner is a really nice guy. he said (in his best inglish) 'zere wull be a few of youze staying ici) Looking forward to july!

mikey
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:59 pm

And the guitar will be there. (it always is wherever I go!!)

mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm

It's a really nice place, I might rent out the hovel and move in there over the weekend.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Today I booked my Eurostar and TGV tickets for the inaugural CGT Open Weekend, though I was disappointed to learn that RailEurope have n't heard of CGT.

Amazing prices like £20 single from Lille to Angouleme and £55 return London to Lille.

I will be staying with friends near Ruffec rather than the camper van as originally envisaged.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

David
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continental Garden Trains Open day   Continental Garden Trains Open day Empty

Back to top Go down

Continental Garden Trains Open day
Page 1 of 1