Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Empty
PostSubject: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:08 am

What are you doing?

We will have trains running on Sunday with a few eggs and a few kids coming.

I usually put the eggs on the train and the kids have to take them off.
But I control the speed. Basketball

The garden gets trashed but's fun.

Last edited by carl hibbs on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:15 am

got an absolute stinker of a cold at the moment but we will be hiding eggs all over the place for the grandkids to find. We still havent got a circuit yet (about ten feet short) so wifey and I are playing 'I'll let the train go and you catch it before it runs off the end' Good game!!

Mikey lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:19 am

It's bloody peeing down here so it is wall demolishing day in the kitchen.

cheers
Geoff
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Pretty depressing here too with steady rain. Very much needed though as I'd drained all 7.5 cu metres of our rainwater tank with all the concreting we've been doing.

However went shopping this morning and Caroline has taken a new found interest in the railway now it's in the garden, even been buying plants, goldfish for the pound and even let me buy a Scleich Horse and Cart ....

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Schlei10
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:32 pm

They are nice models (schleich) and can quite safely be left out in all weathers, I've got that one (but I changed the tyres for wooden wheels!!

Mikey (P***ing down here as well!!)

No
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:38 pm

I think the pneumatic tyres will stay on mine - quite by chance the era I'm modelling is falling into mid 20th Century, I've got 30's 50's motor cars and want to accomodate steam, diesel and electric loco's.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:39 pm

GeoffW wrote:
It's bloody peeing down here so it is wall demolishing day in the kitchen.

cheers
Geoff

Is that intentional or are you cooking something HOT ?

B
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 2:26 pm

The wall is an ex-wall and we have a huge kitchen. Wife complaining about the dust and general mess but the work is complete!

The rain has stopped, quite pleasant but cloudy

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Monsieur meteo says "It's humid here, 22° and a little overcast" .....mais il fait beau et plus tard il fera du sunny

Plenty of work to do in the garden and prep for next weekend's expo at Lilas near Paris.

That Sleich horse and cart would like nice with flanged wheels as a sort of horse tram. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Reminds me, I must book that holiday to 'orse trailier ....

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 4:36 pm

carl hibbs wrote:
Monsieur meteo says "It's humid here, 22° and a little overcast" .....mais il fait beau et plus tard il fera du sunny

He lied.....menteur !

It's now raining. Sad
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Theres a lesson there Carl. never trust a French Meteorologist! they are worse than La Poste staff!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 6:35 pm

They're all 'fonctionaires' (civil servants).

Strange because 'fonctioner' means to work (function properly)............. Neutral
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:21 am

Another day of rain here, so I've been spending the time building plywood boxes to hold my rolling stock. I'm putting scrappy old rail in the bases, to make a kind of cassette system to plug straight onto the layout.

I noted Carl's idea of routing (or biscuit cutting) grooves in MDF a cheaper solution, but I have loads of scrap plywood and odd pieces of old track.

Anyway keeps me in the dry, far too wet to run trains today!

Happy Easter

B
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Good idea Brian. still being productive!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Had a break in the weather about an hour ago so decided to give Zelda a run. After a couple of toots on the steam whistle my Septagenerian neighbour popped his head round asked if a couple of the "jeunes" could come round and see the railway.

After which his entire family trooped round, including various assorted Grand Nephews & Nieces about 15 of them, one lad in particular was a whizz on the radio control and I was quite happy to let him play. All the ladies went in doors for a tour of inspection.

That's what I love about living in France, and playing with trains!

Bonne fetes

Brian
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:14 pm

Should be at least a couple of converts among that lot, Brian! So does this mean you now have a 'circuit'? Please tell me you took some pics of this event!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 pm

clive_t wrote:
So does this mean you now have a 'circuit'? Please tell me you took some pics of this event!

Sadly only a temporary circuit, still awaiting the rail bender !

No piccies either - it was an impromptu invasion (the best) and I was too busy steaming up and trying to converse in French. Not my strong point as Carl will testify from the Rail Expo!

Still a wonderful hour or so!

B
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Shame no pics Brian but it's easy to forget and get on with more important things.

You're French is not so bad either.

Here are a few pics from my afternoon seeing as Monsieur Meteo greatly redeemed himself from a wet drizzly morning to a sweltering afternoon on the terrace.

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Apr20010

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Apr20011

My friend Laurent and family arrived to have lunch and hunt Easter eggs but more importantly he brought along his new toy to try out.

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Apr20012

You LGB officianados will have guessed what it is made from.

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Apr20013

A rather good conversion I thought.

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Apr20015

Here by chance are the seperate items too.

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Apr20016

Thank goodness I kept some Playmobil. Laurent’s son Pierre firmly in control.

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Apr20017
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Great pics Carl, thanks. Damned lucky with your weather too it seems. We had nothing but cold, overcast skies til about 6pm tonight, by which time of course it was too late/cold/dark to do anything out in the garden.

Nice conversion job on the crane/loco, too! I wonder, though - where did the chassis come from?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:05 am

We had rain all day down here,but it didnt change anything, i spent all yesterday in bed with this rotten cold ( i think its really man-flu!). nice to have some trains running all over france though!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:25 am

Get well soon Mikey.

What is this Man-Flu stuff.....? Is it like bird flu....or is it something you caught from a man or maybe the name for a Chinese thief. lol!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 am

Smile like the chinese thief!! My dictionary says its what the ladies call a cold and carry on working but men take to their beds suffering greatly!! hope my missus doesnt read this. Actually i feel a lot better today thankyou

Mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Righty ho!
The wall is gone, the grass cut, the trains out of storage, all seems well.
So now Mr Mole is gonna get his Twisted Evil

A mans' work is never done
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:24 pm

No trains running here today despite another gorgeous afternoon. Just clearing up after yesterday's activities and then invited to neighbours garden for 'appero'......Champagne and homade snacks. That's the nice thing about France and balmy afternoons, very sociable. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter weekend - fête de Pâques   Easter weekend - fête de Pâques Empty

Back to top Go down

Easter weekend - fête de Pâques
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next