Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Decauville in live steam from Accucraft

Go down 
+3
mikeyh
Bearcastle
Carl Hibbs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Decauville in live steam from Accucraft Empty
PostSubject: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:10 am

I was looking at the German Accucraft website run by MBV (Lorenz) Schug.

Well some great news for the future is that they are planning to build a Decuaville.
Yes a real French live steam locomotive.

Accucraft Decauville

The downside is that is will be in scale 1:19 and primarily in 32mm gauge although 45mm is an option.

I have of course signed up with my expression of wish plus divorce papers in progress.

These Decauvilles were built in many sizes and gauges for use all around the world.

They are mostly famous for the 60cm gauge machines.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:38 am

Look really nice.

Could be a start for live steam.

Just wonder about the price.

Carl is there a possibility to have a price (or approximatively a price), they talked about pre-order, but without an idea of the price it's difficult to go for it.

I will have to start to use my piggy bank and save all my penny if i'll go for it.

Laurent
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:53 am

No prices yet but as a guide I would look at this;

Sachsische Ik.

It costs 1,850€ without Radio Control. For a 020T Decauville the price may be cheaper I guess.

If (when) I buy one of these I will have to seriously sell some stuff. I think a lot of electric plastic will go on e bay.

And it will have definitely to be a big secret from you know who.....!
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:20 am

Wink

Decauville in live steam from Accucraft Singes11
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:25 pm

I had an e mail back today from Lorenz Schug.

"Hello Mr. Hibbs,

thank you for your interest. As soon as I have enough pre orders I can start production, but at the moment I could not tell you when this would be but I hope in a half year. As soon as I start it it will take about one year, that´s what Accucraft told me.

I calculate a price of 1900,- Euro for the 030 Decauville, basing on 100 units and actual costs.

Regards,
"
Lorenz Schug

To be honest I think that is a tad expensive for a Chinese made model. But...It's the first real French prototype and Accucraft (de) are not the same as Accucraft UK. IMO the wealth of detail and quality of build seem rather better on the German commissioned models.

A must have really for me. And still quite a lot of time for me to find a wealthy divorcee I love you queen
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Carl, whilst i have a guitar that cost more than a thousand pounds. I can't see why it would be neccessary to spend that much on a chinese steamer? i'm wondering if your previous idea of building different bodies for the edrig chassis could be a winner? the second loco on my wishlist would be a corpet louvret, but the thought of an actual French loco is extremely tempting!!!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Yes, Mikey.

A dilema for many really and I have started a similar post on VML too.

Chacun son truc as they say.

Nearly 2k is a lot of dosh and would pay for a lot of needy things. But it's all relative. Some people wouldn't even flinch at paying that for a balmy beach bum holiday in El Paradiso resort somewhere. Not for me thanks I'll keep my big fat belly covered up in my garden with my trains.

I am passionate about French narrow gauge and here cometh something tangible to fulfill that.

In this case I regard it as a potential investment too if only a hundred are built - Chinese or otherwise they are possibly likely to appreciate in price and a valuable asset on my death - which could be quite soon if she finds out. Shocked

And yes I would have preferred a Corpet Louvet too. But if this is a success then who knows what may come out from Doncaster eventually.

The different bodies idea is one we discuss further over a few glasses of wine in few weeks time perhaps.... Laughing
Worsley loco works or other commercial brass etching comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:54 pm

Agreed, it's a lot of Euro, do you have to give something as a pre-order ?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:52 pm

At this stage no Laurent.

Sometimes they ask later as production starts for a deposit maybe 20% and having dealt with Lorenz Schug in the past (nice man and speaks perfect English) he often gives a discount for early orders.

By saying you are interested to him at this stage is no obligation to purchase.

I have to stress that Accucraft.de has very little to do with Accucraft UK which is run by the Pearse family.

There are already two chaps on VML who have ordered and even at the price I think they will sell 'comme les gateaux chauds'. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:00 pm

I decided to go for it, i will start to save ( a lot ).
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:01 am

They're going fast.

Imagine if several of us buy one. What a great steam-up that will be together.

I might buy two an 020 and 030. If you're gonna rob the bank then you might as well do it big time! affraid
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:16 am

Now I've seen the price guide 030/1900 and 020/1300 euros I'm gonna go for the 020, not being tight but it will go round my bends better! Do I send an email? couldnt find anything on his site

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:02 am

Yep, send that nice Lorenz Schug an e mail expressing your interest. Don't forget to specify 45mm gauge.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:10 am

Thanks. Sent
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:29 am

1300€ (£1,135) is in my view a fair price for a quality 0-4-0 locomotive of a real prototype.

From Roundhouse for example.
This will buy you a 'Katie' (non prototype) with change for a couple of wagons.

The Linda, Blanche, Charles things cost over £1300
A Darjeeling 'B' will cost you over £1600
Manual cntrolled of course and you you do get those nice slot head screws included for free. tongue

The above locos were odd, unique or small batch productions.

Decauvilles (of many different types) were sold in thousands all around the world and many are still in revenue (commercial and tourist) earning service today.

Why has it taken so long for someone to wake up to this....mmmm ?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:09 am

Here they all are, lined up and waiting to be delivered to the members of CGT!

Decauville in live steam from Accucraft 6-picture2

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:20 am

Interesting, that looks very similar to something I saw at Amberley a while back (among other locos):

http://clivesrealrailways.fotopic.net/c302154.html

Can anyone confirm the stubby little green steamer is indeed a Decauville?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Yes indeed Cive, no 1126 'Barbouillier' built in 1947!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:33 pm

I think you will like this :

http://jpduval.free.fr/
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Any chance of an electric one?

Phil
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Phil...mmm......well.......how about.....maybe.....

You buy the steam loco and I convert it to electric for free. But I get to keep all the live steam working parts.

Laurent, I've seen Jean-Pierre Duval and his coal fired Decauville. A beautiful model but it's 7/8" scale. A large beast on 45mm track.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Carl:

Interesting offer for discussion at the CGT weekend...

Many thanks

Phil
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:33 am

I dont think 'La week-end', will be long enough!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:55 am

Well.....we will have to hold another weekend then.

'CGT North' ?... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decauville in live steam from Accucraft   Decauville in live steam from Accucraft Empty

Back to top Go down

Decauville in live steam from Accucraft
Page 1 of 1