Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009

Go down 
+7
David Grantham
philkelly
Carl Hibbs
Admin
mikeyh
clive_t
GWhizz
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GWhizz

GWhizz

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:53 pm

As possibly the first party to get home can I post a HUGE THANK YOU to all invoved in such a superb weekend.

Our immense gratitude to Geoff, Celia, Joan, Carl, Peter and your many other helpers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:16 pm

There was a stack of pictures and Video taken throughout the weekend by notably Phil.

However to get the ball rolling here are some of mine ...

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow110
A concerned Mikey inspects the track with his battery powered loco.

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow210
Dave is caught redhanded interfering with "Lady Margaret

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow310
THe boys from Dragon G Scale chill out whilst Peter (French Chuffed) tries to get a sneak peek at the pricing on Jeremy's laptop

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow410
Carl holds a masterclass on the i/c powered Monster
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:26 pm

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow510

Carl readies the Monster

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow610
The hotel, a converted hunting lodge in Chantemerle where Caro and I and Mike and Glyn stayed overnight.

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow710
More Monster !!! Not Pierre - Laurent's son, the other one

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Ow810
The superb scratch built RhB stock brought by Gerard, one of the French attendees
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks for these great pics, Brian... makes me hungry for more though.... bounce

A very impressive array of knobbly knees, I must say! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:02 pm

clive_t wrote:
Thanks for these great pics, Brian... makes me hungry for more though.... bounce

We had to leave early just after lunch today, and many will stay to the death and have much longer journeys to Paris the UK, Brittany etc.

I suspect the bulk of pics should start to drift in from later tomorrow onwards Smile
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Fair do's... That RhB scratchbuild is a beauty though - I wonder what kind of vehicle it is, with that strange-looking bit of kit on the front? But as you say, a super model!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:44 am

clive_t wrote:
Fair do's... That RhB scratchbuild is a beauty though - I wonder what kind of vehicle it is, with that strange-looking bit of kit on the front? But as you say, a super model!

Sorry Clive it's a snow clearing wagon - and it works DCC controlled!

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Snow_p10
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:56 am

Most of my pics were taken very early on which makes it look as though the place was deserted!. A great weekend and I echo Brians thanks. Clive, you were missed and your name was often mentioned!

This is Geoffs 'Big Chief' which i nagged him to run all weekend. All in extruded aluminium it would not even fit on my layout!

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Demiel218

The interior layout ( while it was quiet!)
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Demiel208

A lovely set of live steamers;

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Demiel217
(take note of the one second from the right, you will be seeing a lot of that very soon!)

There are many other pics but i will let somebody else have a turn!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:10 am

I have started this as a new thread in the public view so that we can publish all the stories and pictures from the forum open weekend held on the 4th and 5th of July. Please continue to use this thread.
Also, many people are members of other forums. If you wish to post and dicsuss this event elsewhere as well that is entirely your choice. Please feel free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:43 am

Well.....
What a fantastic weekend I had. People came from far and wide and enjoyed a magnificently hosted event at Geoff and Celia Watson's house in Deux Sevres.

Geoff will say how many many people came. I lost count.

The 'restauration' (a nice french word - for catering) was superb and delivered with consumate poise and professional organisation. A very big thank-you for everyone's participation and hard work.
It's going to be a very difficult act to follow for another event.

I have to say that there weren't all that many trains run!
Much of the time was spent non-stop chatting, eating, drinking and laughing.

The weekend really started Friday afternoon for me after a +5 hour drive down from Paris.

More photos and discussion to follow later.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Here are a few more pics from my selection.

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we5
Dragon G scale's near to collapsing tables.....they were a lot emptier Sunday.
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we18
Cast products from Imagimonde
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we9
More exquisite work from Gérard
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we11
The monster waiting for action
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we12
From left to right 2 Pierres, Gérard and Laurent.
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we13
From little boy to Big Boy
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we16
Geoff's Roundhouse Sandy River
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we17
Lively train discussion
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we43
3 of a kind.... ?
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we37
Accucraft, Caradoc (me), Converted Edrig (Brian), Lawley (Van), Converted Edrig Tram (Mikey) New Countess (Pierre Rouzeau)
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we39

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we41
A close up of Mikey's new aquisition
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we47
In company with Regner Chiemseebahn.
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we21
An unlikely pairing.
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we25
Pierre and Nathalie trying to convince Brian that he should have the BIG station.
CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 CGT%20we22
The menu for 2 days, in French and English.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Just like to add my thanks to Geoff and Celia for a superb weekend. The kindness they showed to Frank and myself was overwhelming, as was the amount of alcohol we both consumed trying to keep up with Geoff (and Carl)!! In addition, the welcome from all members was very kind and to say the weekend was tremendous would definitely be an understatement.
Thankyou all - it was a priveledge to have been asked!
Jeremy
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:41 pm

It was indeed a great weekend: Geoff and Celia were magnificent hosts. Great to meet all of you. G+C also organised splendid weather - maybe train running was intermittent because it was cooler in the barn watching Carl's layout, admiring Geoff's US monsters and deciding what to buy from Jeremy and Pierre...I was breathalysed by the Gendarmerie on my way back to my hotel and PASSED! Madame Bonne Chance was with us all. I have got lots of pics, but every weekend I have to edit a summary of Parliamentary proceedings on the railways. Not only did I not do that, but this week it has started off at 43 pages because my old mate Andrew Adonis has nationalised NXEC...so I am doing that right now. Tomorrow I will have time to review what I took and post it.

We should do it again sometime - may be less formal - but Mikey, Brian, Peter, Geoff, Van and I are within driving distance - I am back in France July 28-Sept 7 - so we should try...

Phil
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 6:59 pm

philkelly wrote:

We should do it again sometime - may be less formal - but Mikey, Brian, Peter, Geoff, Van and I are within driving distance - I am back in France July 28-Sept 7 - so we should try...

Phil

Great idea we must keep the "West Coast Chapter" going.

Suggest you send a round robin PM once you're settled for the summer.

Happy to host it here, if it's not too far for Peter and Geoff to drive !
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Great pics again chaps, thanks.

Erm.... Mr Hibbs, is that a "Continental Garden Trains" tee-shirt you're wearing there??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:56 am

Lost and found ------
In the final stages of clearing up in the barn I have found a PIKO CATALOG and a current copy of LE TRAIN and a SUDOKO BOOK. Would the owner let me know what he/she wants done with them, keep it clean!

cheers Geoff
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Geoff

The Sudoko book is Caroline's but she certainly isn't bothered about retrieving it - so please either use any uncomplete puzzles or bin it!

As much as I'd like the other two items I can't claim ownership!

Again huge thanks to you and C for a brilliant weekend!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:49 am

clive_t wrote:

Erm.... Mr Hibbs, is that a "Continental Garden Trains" tee-shirt you're wearing there??????

Yes Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:52 am

They are very common over here Very Happy

Last edited by GeoffW on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:54 am

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad want one!!!!! Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:05 pm

As likely the last to get home I wish to say a huge THANK YOU to all invoved for organising and hosting a magnificent weekend. Very many thanks to Geoff, Celia, Joan, Carl, Peter and the other helpers but especially Geoff and Celia who were fantastic and generous hosts.

I was only sorry that we had to leave before Mikey performed as dusk was falling.

After TGVing between Lille, Angouleme, Limoges and Brive and branch lining between Angouleme and Limoges and Limoges and Brive it is a relief to get back to the smaller gauges
of the FC Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga.

I will post some pictures of the GVC if I can find a way of hosting them.

Best wishes to all and here 's to next time.
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Will you be my way at all David ? Most welcome to a brew , have also got Golden Syrup, Aldi Baked Beans, Yorkshire Tea (various) Pg Tips and Lyons Gold Label (from Ireland), and lots of curry sauces, also some nice cheddar from Sainsbury's. And a Golden Syrup rude word. Sad or what ??

No trains in the garden as yet tho'.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Got back late this afternoon, after calling in on friend's in the Vendee. Thanks for a terrific weekend Geoff, the sun god was kind but thankfully not to kind. Seeing the progress of your project was great inspiration for me to get my finger out and get building. I have some photos off the weekend so will sort them out tomorrow but I suspect there are duplicates already posted.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:48 pm

David...If you can't host them send them to me and I will host and post and you can your words to the post after.

Patrick...You're just a big tease.Surprised

Peter....Glad you got back okay and thanks for all the 'running around' and logistics that you and Joan did.
I was great talking to you about your achievements past and present.

Don't worry about posting duplicates. You can never have enough of a good thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 5:53 am

It's great that it went so well and everyone seems to have enjoyed the event including Celia and myself. We have an active and interesting group in this forum and it was a great pleasure to see French and Brit modellers interacting. Dragons Jeremy and Frank added a lot of value and many thanks to them for making the journey, bringing temptation to the masses, and helping me towards a couple of hangovers
Peter and Joan deserve particular thanks for helping with catering and transport after our promised help failed to show up. Our own inimitable Carl was a great source of support and linguistic expertise and of course without the forum it would never have happened, a service he provides without bumming money for.
It seems very quiet here after last weekend's chaos and the temprature has dropped significantly, I may even get to run some trains and cut the grass.

Till the next time

cheers
Geoff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next