Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chiemseebahn sortie

Go down 
+2
French Chuffed
Carl Hibbs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Chiemseebahn sortie Empty
PostSubject: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:19 pm

It was nice this afternoon and some non-train visitors left earlier than expected so I thought mmm....a little rare run out for Chiemseebahn lok.

Considering it hasn't run for about 4 months it was like a sewing machine. With this loco you must top up the water every 5 mins or so. The burner is too efficient for the boiler.
It is not very powerful but very smooth and you really do need radio control to get the best out of it.

Chiemseebahn sortie 1207310

Chiemseebahn sortie 1207410

Chiemseebahn sortie 1207110
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:49 am

It is a lovely looking tram Carl with the fire box poking through the front as it does. with nice detailing.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 am

don't think it looks as good as mine!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:57 am

Have you played with yours yet? Laughing
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:12 am

I am not getting involved with that! Yours is beautiful as well Mikey. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 am

Oh indeed I have Carl. I try to have a little play with it every day, but of course this means i dont have enough time to play with the train!

Seriously, yes I have fired her up twice with no problem ( so far). i've got to find some distilled water now though.

mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:17 am

mikeyh wrote:
i've got to find some distilled water now though.

mikey

Of course it never rains in the Dordogne Shocked

Got several thousand litres of filtered rainwater up here if you want some ?

Although if Meteo France is to be believed, God will be delivering some to you soon Arrow
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 pm

and as I read this post the skies turned grey then black...any minute now I will be able to save some money!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Don't forget to filter it. I use coffee machine filters in a funnel.

I'm surprised you haven't got a big butt (for water....). Wink
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:05 pm

We've got two big butts for watering the garden but they have 'added flavours' for plant nutrients. a big shovel full of diluted donkey crap won't do my loco any good at all!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Nice tram loco Carl Smile
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:34 pm

It is a nice tram loco Paul and I'm quite fortunate to own one especially as my wife doesn't know about it. Or conversely I'm quite fortunate to still be married.

It has exactly the same mechanism as a Stainz and features full working valve gear with variable cut off, real cylinder drain cocks and whistle.

I know you considered one once but for the cost.

Sometimes it/she can be a bit temperamental but she needs care, love, understanding and delicate handling in the right places.... a bit like a wife really. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Admin wrote:
It is a nice tram loco Paul and I'm quite fortunate to own one especially as my wife doesn't know about it. Or conversely I'm quite fortunate to still be married.

It has exactly the same mechanism as a Stainz and features full working valve gear with variable cut off, real cylinder drain cocks and whistle.

I know you considered one once but for the cost.

Sometimes it/she can be a bit temperamental but she needs care, love, understanding and delicate handling in the right places.... a bit like a wife really. Wink

Mmm............know what you mean.
The big five O will be upon me in January.......so the little devil of temptation will be sat on my shoulder whispering in my ear Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:58 pm

Seriously if you do go down that road and a Regner live steam Stainz does materialize then let me know if you're going to buy a complete kit.
There are some tips and tricks. I helped a friend of mine locally with his Stainz after I did this Chiemseebahn.

For my machine about 4 years ago I had Regner direct....not Martin's Models assemble the chassis and valve gear complete for a reasonable sum extra of 175€ which considering the dogs breakfast I would have made at the time with all those links is not bad and their workmanship was first class.

I did the boiler, plumbing and bodywork.

Now with more experience gained I could put together this type of valve gear without panic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiemseebahn sortie   Chiemseebahn sortie Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiemseebahn sortie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: General films and photos-
Jump to: