Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?

Go down 
+4
pjti
Carl Hibbs
mikeyh
clive_t
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
clive_t

YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?   YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:30 pm

A bit more progress this weekend - albeit slow, as I am in the midst of trying to paint leopard-skin pattern on his spandex leggings. However, in the meantime here's his guitar:

YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 Busker8

The design is based on this one:

YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 RodStewart

I guess the original artist doesn't have much to worry about - still, when he's playing it, you won't see the actual pattern in any great detail...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
clive_t

clive_t

YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?   YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:31 pm

Well friends, it's taken me a while, but tonight, for your entertainment we present: Mr - Rod - Stewart (well someone who claims to be called Rod Stewart):

YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 Busker9

I didn't like the original strap, so I remade it from GS but this time I flattened it out and cut a thin strip from it - looking much more the part now. I made the microphone stand from some florists wire - the microphone is a small length of said wire with a blob of GS on the end. The 'leads' are a single strand of cross-stitch thread, blackened with acrylic paint and allowed to dry.

Rod, I don't know if you're ever gonna read this, but if you do, I'm so very sorry! And please don't sue me... pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?   YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 7:35 am

A little old fashioned but thats all right....He wears it well....Clive

Excellent. The detail down to the amplifier as well Smile
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?   YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:38 am

HeHe, What Clive hasn't told you (and I guess he knows himself) is that this guitar was never owned by nor played by Rod Stewart; the reason being that it is over ten feet tall!! Its one of a series of stars guitars made by sculptors and artists for charity. they were auctioned in 2007.

nice model Clive
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?   YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am

mikeyh wrote:
HeHe, What Clive hasn't told you (and I guess he knows himself) is that this guitar was never owned by nor played by Rod Stewart; the reason being that it is over ten feet tall!! Its one of a series of stars guitars made by sculptors and artists for charity. they were auctioned in 2007.

nice model Clive

It must have been a double bass guitar then... Laughing
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?   YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Super job Clive - sorry , no Rod Stewart trivia to amuse - dare I say I din't like him or the Faces. I was a Stones follower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?   YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

YAF Part... zzzzz whatever... but can you tell who it's meant to be?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3