Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay Empty
PostSubject: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Hello Everybody,

I have just ordered some very cheap figures from E Bay. They are all from China, but the supplier seems to have good feedback. You can get 40 unpainted figures or 20 already painted for £6-99 including p/p.
There are only about 4 types in each set, but a bit of paint could easily make them look different. They range from 1:23, 1:24 and 1:30 scales.
I will let anyone who is interested, know about the quality etc when I get them. I am sure we all know that some of the (mainly German) models are of superb quality and I am sure these will not compete in that area, but there again they are hardly in the same price range and allow for a lot more "Mini" people on your layout.

Best Wishes,
Keith
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:22 pm

i have bought these before and although a little small are fine. you can improve them with a good paint job as they only come in certain colours (lots of repeats). they are fine for background people

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:55 pm

I don't have any myself, but I am told that provided you scrub them well in warm soapy water to remove any traces of the release agent, they paint up fairly well. I would imagine they'd benefit from a spray undercoat for starters just to make sure of a good paint surface - would also highlight the moulding details.

Please post pics of your finished people when you're able!

Clive

Fat Controller of the Great Unfinished Railway, formerly the S&CGR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Ah! now then we are back to the old chesnut of is G a scale or a gauge, I prefer the gauge point of view which means I should be looking for 1/32 scale figs I think
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:57 am

Well depending what era/locale if any you're modelling, Geoff, there appears to be quite a wide range of choice in that scale. A lot of them are of a military theme though - but if you did a bit of trimming of tin hats etc, they could well work?

Also, I found this link which talks about possible sources of 1:32 scale figures:

http://www.btcomm.com/trains/primer/details/figures/figures.htm

Maybe it will help, maybe not - but worth a look, I thought.

Clive

Fat Controller of the Great Unfinished Railway, formerly the S&CGR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:25 pm

If you're modelling Bachmann US outline then 1:32 figures are perfect.

But what do I care about scale ?????

www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com

PostSubject: Re: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:24 am

I've seen these, I think the are 1/25 but look fine as background figures or are good for filling empty coaching stock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay   Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap G Scale figures on E Bay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: