Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regner on ebay.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fm12

fm12

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Theres a kit built Regner FRIEDA 0-4-0 on ebay,item no 130325051882,with a no reserve starting price of £350.00.To my untrained eye it looks very similar to a stainz loco.This might be the opportunity for someone with a large collection of stainz Rolling Eyes ,to get into live steam.
Back to top Go down

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Great idea for a corrosion free railway, you can't beat live steam to distribute a mucky layer of oil over your track

pirat

Last edited by GeoffW on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Here's the link to it,

Regner Frieda ebay

Interesting considering there was (a different) one for sale about 3 weeks ago.

Regner Frieda sold
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:38 pm

GeoffW wrote:
Great idea for a corrosion free railway, you can't beat live steam to distribute a mucky layer of oil over your track

pirat

Letting off steam Eh? Geoff
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 pm

If you buy a Mamod, early Roundhouse Pooter, 5000 quid Aster or other spirit fired monster you can set fire and melt all your sleepers as well.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:55 pm

fm12 wrote:
Theres a kit built Regner FRIEDA 0-4-0 on ebay,item no 130325051882,with a no reserve starting price of £350.00.To my untrained eye it looks very similar to a stainz loco.This might be the opportunity for someone with a large collection of stainz Rolling Eyes ,to get into live steam.

Its nice, but being O.C.D., it has to be the real McCoy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
fm12

fm12

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Sod it
In for a penny in for £350 Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:48 pm

So you are going for it Van.
I won't bid but he takes paypal and that was tempting (and can be kept secret....from domestics).

As said before I wouldn't advise paying more than about 600€ - 650€ top.
The basic kit new is 742€.

Note euros not pounds,

If you get it and don't like it I'll do you a swapt with my Regner 'Emma' if you want.

He is not exactly correct when he says the speed is proportional from a single channel.

Usually with basic series Regners they have a simple turret valve to distribute steam to the cylinders/valve gear controlling forward and reverse. This offers very crude variation in the amount of steam passing through, better than the systems employed by Accucraft and Roundhouse but by no means truly proportional.

With some practice you can gain quite good control by juggling about with it - and yes to do that really I would recommend r/c here. Opening up fully quickly then almost shutting down etc,.

It is however very straight forward to add another cab mounted micro servo to the steam regulator for fine speed control.
Of course then you will need 3 channels if you keep the r/c whistle.

If you're successful getting it I will send you a complete set of instructions (rough translated to English) and drawings for the Emma which is mechanically exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi Carl
To be honest I don`t really want it,but at £350 I think it would be a good buy for some future dealings.I expect it will go for about £400 to £420,if I was the seller I would certainly be looking to get this amount,less listing and paypal fees.
If you would like it, do a bit of sniping at auction end,and if it goes for £355,I`ll send you the fiver I`ve cost you.

Van
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:10 pm

I think it'll go for more than that (£355) as the last one went for 491€. That was a fair buy I reckon.

I don't particularly want it but good little engines like these are worth noting.

I shalln't bid on it as there other things going on in the pipeline here at the moment.
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Forgot to mention Carl your ebay link takes me to the German ebay.Although its listed on the UK site

Van
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:17 pm

You're quite right and the locomotive is in Yorkshire.
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:29 pm

While we are on this ebay malarky.
I had a bid yesterday of £222.22 on item 330352255580,and pushed up the bids by £40.I hope it was`nt someone on the forum who at present has the winning bid.I`d like it but expect it will go for around the £280 mark.So thats me out I think?.

Van
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regner on ebay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regner on ebay.   Regner on ebay. Empty

Back to top Go down

Regner on ebay.
Page 1 of 1