Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie

Go down 
+9
Admin
pjti
Paul Stainz Holt
GWhizz
clive_t
mikeyh
Carl Hibbs
fm12
Bearcastle
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie Empty
PostSubject: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 am

Here I found a name for my line. Very Happy

SCFBrie

Next job will be to draw a Logo if it with SCFBrie on it.

Laurent
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Laurent,I like the name
Does this mean you are going to be transporting lots of cheese or is my french not up to speed.

Van
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 pm

The Brie is a cheese from the region with the same name, east of Paris.

Here an old map of it :

Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie Tassin10

And one more recent but less detailed

Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie Carteb10

And another things, the cheese Coulomiers is from the region as well

Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes Van you right we (Laurent and I) live on the edge of stinky cheese country.

Brie, famous for it's mucous like cosistency and odour like a pair of old army socks on completion of a Combat Fitness Test.

Brie de Meaux, Brie de Melun, Brie de Coulommiers (the stinkiest an runniest IMO) etc.

All totally banned in our house. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:37 pm

We love that stinky cheese. we eat another one (cant remember name) thats so runny you lift it out of the box with a teaspoon! Are there any cheese mines left up there?

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:42 pm

mikeyh wrote:
We love that stinky cheese.
Me too - just in case anyone on here was thinking of calling in over the next couple of weeks or so Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 pm

mikeyh wrote:
We love that stinky cheese. we eat another one (cant remember name) thats so runny you lift it out of the box with a teaspoon! Are there any cheese mines left up there?

mikey

Your probably thinking of Camembert (Camem...beurk!) from Normandy.

That's banned too or kept in thrice-insulated ex-nuclear waste containers at the foot of the garden.

clive wrote:
Me too - just in case anyone on here was thinking of calling in over the next couple of weeks or so

Well it just so happens that 'we' will be staying en-route in Southampton from Thursday night to Friday inclusive night this week.

So...if there is a possibility of meeting up I would love come and visit if possible. The problem is family and wives.

If you want me to bring stinky cheese it will have to be carried in a sack hanging from outside the rear of the car. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:49 pm

I was thinking of bringing an insulated box for some english food like typical english sausages (someone is english food dependant at home) for the trip back.

So maybe i could use it to bring some lovely smelly french cheese on the way?

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:52 pm

no not camembert thats not strong. its called something like soutens. the outer 'skin' is orangey yellow and when you cut it it all dribbles out.First the nasal passages react and then the creamy cheese slides down your throat...ah heaven ! Orgasmic!!

Mikey PS: Of course you do know that all soft cheeses are aphrodisiacs, especially when combined with celery
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Doesnt sound like soutens at all! Its Epoisses (had to ask glyn, i dont buy it just eat it!)

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

Well it just so happens that 'we' will be staying en-route in Southampton from Thursday night to Friday inclusive night this week.

So...if there is a possibility of meeting up I would love come and visit if possible. The problem is family and wives.

If you want me to bring stinky cheese it will have to be carried in a sack hanging from outside the rear of the car. What a Face

You will all be very welcome, as long as you can take us as you find us. We will have a small added complication in that my son Steven will be having dental surgery (under general anaesthetic) on Thursday, and we aren't really sure how he'll be on Friday. One thing for sure, is, he'll probably be taking up most of the sofa, and hogging the TV/dvd player. Consequently, we'll have a problem showing the ladies something other than our garden. I shall be flying in to Southampton Airport on Thursday evening. I am meant to be working from home on the Friday, so I will be hoping and praying for a quiet time of it!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Why don't you introduce Laurent to "Stinking Bishop" while you're over there?

Show we Brits have cheese making skills too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Mmmm...I'd forgotten that one after nine years away Brian, very satisfying bom

mikey
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:48 pm

There's about 400 sort of cheese in UK some are made with raw milk like in France and they are very nice.

Try a real farm stilton (before the dessert) on a piece of baguette it's delicious, with a glass of red wine on the other hand.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Bearcastle wrote:
There's about 400 sort of cheese in UK some are made with raw milk like in France and they are very nice.

Try a real farm stilton (before the dessert) on a piece of baguette it's delicious, with a glass of red wine on the other hand.

Sorry Laurent, I have to disagree...

The best drink to take with English cheeses is English Bitter; make sure Carl gets you to try this combination next week Basketball
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:16 pm

So you never tried it, I did it with a nice red wine, just try it, you will be surprised. You have to have french baguette from your local bakery.

Cool
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:29 pm

whats really nice is roqueforte melted over a tender steak!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:43 pm

I think a probable late Friday afternoon/early evening visit could be possible Clive if that fits in with you and domestics.

Laurent is in charge of stinky cheese and I am in charge of wine.

I've still to run the new itinerary past the trip organiser but that should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm

mikeyh wrote:
whats really nice is roqueforte melted over a tender steak!

Mikey

Yum ! drunken
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Oh Laurent you are in for such a treat, yorkshire puds, flat beer, west country cider, REAL sausages , proper BACON how god intended mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you'll never go back to France.

Actually you should try "Suffolk Cure" Bacon amazing stuff - the rind is black. And a bottle or 3 of "Strong Suffolk" and "St Edmunds Ale" , "Abbot is for wimps - but "Brain Death" Abbot with St Edmunds is quite pleasant , and if you really want to go comfortably numb try Strong Suffolk with St Edmunds. All available from you local Greene King outlet.
You have to go to Suffolk tho, OMG then there's ADNAMS.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I think a probable late Friday afternoon/early evening visit could be possible Clive if that fits in with you and domestics.

Laurent is in charge of stinky cheese and I am in charge of wine.

I've still to run the new itinerary past the trip organiser but that should be ok.

That will be ok I think. I'll keep the laptop downstairs so that I can keep a weather eye on things as the afternoon progresses.

Not sure about what we can do in terms of hospitality, as I said a lot depends on how Steven reacts to the anaesthetic and the trauma of a major extraction. However, we will certainly keep the kettle topped up and constantly on the boil! I guess too I need to get out there and give the tracks a proper rub-down!

Do you need address details? If so I will PM you.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:19 pm

I have your address Clive thanks but your phone number would be useful.

Don't worry about food, hospitality and alike. We'll just eat what you've got...

No seriously, a cup of tea will be more than sufficient. My appetite will be significantly dulled by the stinky cheese anyway.

I would think just the male members of the party will turn up as the girlies will be off somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

pjti wrote:
Oh Laurent you are in for such a treat, yorkshire puds, flat beer, west country cider, REAL sausages , proper BACON how god intended mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you'll never go back to France.

Actually you should try "Suffolk Cure" Bacon amazing stuff - the rind is black. And a bottle or 3 of "Strong Suffolk" and "St Edmunds Ale" , "Abbot is for wimps - but "Brain Death" Abbot with St Edmunds is quite pleasant , and if you really want to go comfortably numb try Strong Suffolk with St Edmunds. All available from you local Greene King outlet.
You have to go to Suffolk tho, OMG then there's ADNAMS.

I like the typical yorkshire meal, english saussage, black pudding, stilton and a good cider.
With an english wife you must like all those things, we have regular english breakfast here as you could find some english stuff in supermarket now in France. I agree not everywhere, but here arround there's lot of choice.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Just started a small website, still under construction, need to take some picture to improve it
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Bearcastle wrote:
Just started a small website, still under construction, need to take some picture to improve it

Where's the link then Laurent?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie   Société des Chemin de Fer de la Brie Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next