Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Open day 2010 at Van's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fm12

fm12

Open day 2010 at Van's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 pm

GWhizz wrote:
Found another pic of Van's Lawley pulling my rake of Playmobil coaches, which today have begun the process of customising ...
Open day 2010 at Van's Lawley12

No steam though,it was just to hot.
Be forewarned, I`ll post later in the year about a breakfast meet(bacon,eggs,mushrooms,fresh fried tomatoes,fried bread,beans,fried potatos and sausages.plus toast) at our place,possibly in February next year, when we should still be in all day long minus temperatures.The outer loop of track will have been laid by then.Bring your women along,if they get bored theres the woodburners to keep going and plenty of logs to chop.

Van
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:09 pm

I coming even if just for that breakfast. Put me down please for advance booking.

I'll keep the whole of February free although it's best (for us working dads) if you could do it during the 'vacances d'hiver' - winter school holidays (for zone C) Samedi 17 février 2007 Lundi 5 mars 2007.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Agreed.

Could you please look for some B&B arround Brian, unless the Barn become habitable, because in winter the tent might be a bit chilly.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Bearcastle wrote:
Agreed.

Could you please look for some B&B arround Brian, unless the Barn become habitable, because in winter the tent might be a bit chilly.

Actually you need to be looking around Van's area a gggood bit North of me santa

I'm happy to bring my spare 6 man tent for those who want to face the elements! Open day 2010 at Van's 648764
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I coming even if just for that breakfast. Put me down please for advance booking.

I'll keep the whole of February free although it's best (for us working dads) if you could do it during the 'vacances d'hiver' - winter school holidays (for zone C) Samedi 17 février 2007 Lundi 5 mars 2007.

Thanks.

We'll put you in a time capsule Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm

GWhizz wrote:

We'll put you in a time capsule Question Question Question

I wish...

Perhaps 2010 might be correct. Idea
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:07 pm

17th Feb to 5th March it is then.Will start firming dates up about late October early November.The train station in 87210 Le Dorat is only 10 mins walk from here.Completely open about which day of the week it is or at the weekend.Thinking of breakfast about 11am and then before everyone departs,have your fill of homemade mulligatawny soup and fresh rolls.
We have two spare bedrooms one with a single bed and one with two singles.

Van
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:33 pm

fm12 wrote:
17th Feb to 5th March it is then.Will start firming dates up about late October early November.The train station in 87210 Le Dorat is only 10 mins walk from here.Completely open about which day of the week it is or at the weekend.Thinking of breakfast about 11am and then before everyone departs,have your fill of homemade mulligatawny soup and fresh rolls.
We have two spare bedrooms one with a single bed and one with two singles.

Van

Hi Van

Suggest you start a seperate thread if this event is firming up, others might miss it buried here!

BTW can you reserve my place also. Caro won't be coming if the "wimmin" are chopping logs tongue
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:54 pm

I've split the 2 threads. Please feel free to edit the title and any posts to suit.
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:13 pm

[quote="GWhizz
BTW can you reserve my place also. Caro won't be coming if the "wimmin" are chopping logs tongue[/quote]

Brian
Caroline better be coming shes your entry ticket.

Van
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 am

First the bad news,the meet we were hoping to hold in February/early March will have to be put back.So running steamers on a cold frosty morning is out for at least this year.Track laying has been delayed for a number of reasons,including me working for longer than I had planned(just got home after 5 weeks and a day on the road)and we have discovered that we need to rebuild a couple of internal chimmey/flues in the house.I like to think I am in command of everything I own,but building a railway while Sue lives in a cold house is a no no.I did suggest she buys some extra woolies but the reply was to say the least a bit blunt and to the point. Rolling Eyes So we will have to arrange something for later in the year.
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:46 am

Just read my above post,and it suddenly dawned upon me that the trouble with women is that they have no sense of purpose or any priorities in life
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:46 am

That's a shame Van I was just starting to prep my Edrig and my taste buds, ready for the visit Open day 2010 at Van's 833270

What are you a man or a mouse? In that situation you could be either a divorced man or a happy mouse - eek eek Wink We understand, I guess that lorry load of blocks is going in the chimney rather than under the track?

In that case and you a need a winter "steamy" session, head on over here!
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Welcome back van, I was beginning to wonder where you'd got to. Good luck with the repairs and no worries about open day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open day 2010 at Van's   Open day 2010 at Van's Empty

Back to top Go down

Open day 2010 at Van's
Page 1 of 1