Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The start of a new Railway

Go down 
+4
clive_t
GWhizz
Admin
mikeyh
8 posters
AuthorMessage

The start of a new Railway Empty
PostSubject: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:52 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f84/14/14/69/72/upload11.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I hope I have cracked posting an image!

If it has worked this, a photograph of part of my new system. It is, very obviously in the early stages of developement, with a lot to do.

The unsightly mound in the middle has now been sprayed with weedkiller and covered by plastic sheeting. It will be a hillside with rocky outcrops.

Best Regards,

KeithThe start of a new Railway Upload11
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am

Nice pic Keith.Its got atmosphere already (I'm big on atmosphere!) Loads of possibities as well

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:18 am

Excellent Keith, glad you managed the picture posting after following the instructions.

Looks like a nice place you have. How much land do have on your 'estate' and how much is availbale for trains?.

Keep the pictures coming. We like pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 am

Great start Keith, lovely established garden, loads of potential, can't wait to see it develop!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:58 am

Just realised where you are Keith. We have friends at Chateauneuf du faou(he's a very good french plumber) so we might just pop in one day!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 am

Wow, what a beautiful garden...Cool

Echo what everyone else says, keep those pics coming!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:35 am

Lovely - I am officially jealous of that garden - which is the "Jealous Smiley"? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks for nice comments   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Hello All,

Thanks to everybody for your kind comments, it's probably as well I didn't use a close up shot, or you may not have been so complimentary!
I am sure many members have bigger gardens, it still seems huge to us, even after 5 years. Grass cutting has almost become a career. But I am one of those weird
people who actually finds it relaxing.
Mikey, nice to hear you know of the area (and a French Plumber!). You and any member are always welcome to visit, if nearby. Just let us know and we will try and ensure
we have your favourite tipple in stock.
I have started a series of photographs as the line evolves and will update photos as it progresses.
I too am one for atmosphere. It may not be 100% accurate Reseau Breton practice, but in my eyes it will be and I suppose for many, that is what it is all about; having fun with trains!

I have a small branch on the line (not in photo) which leads to what will become a mine. As far as I know mining never really went on here, but I had to have one.

Best Wishes,
Keith
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 pm

There was a lot's of quarry in britany, some quite big.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Keith are you familiar with Gordon and Maggie Gravetts' 'Pempoul'? Its a 1/50 superbly researched layout of the Reseau Breton and featured in 'Voie Libre' No 51.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:54 pm

mikeyh wrote:
Keith are you familiar with Gordon and Maggie Gravetts' 'Pempoul'? Its a 1/50 superbly researched layout of the Reseau Breton and featured in 'Voie Libre' No 51.

Mikey

Probably the best French metre gauge modelling in any scale.

This layout will be at RailExpo

The start of a new Railway Affich11

The cover picture is a Billard 150 'porcinet'.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Admin wrote:
mikeyh wrote:

Mikey

Probably the best French metre gauge modelling in any scale.

This layout will be at RailExpo

The start of a new Railway Affich11

The cover picture is a Billard 150 'porcinet'.

Carl will you be looking for "part time" assistance again at the Expo this year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:15 pm

It's highly unlikely that I will be there this year.

Usually Jean-Claude Grancher (the president) likes to rotate layouts plus there other plans for the CFG after September.

However If I do exhibit I shall certainly need some help and I will of course let everyone know.

I will be at Longueville on 19/20 September though. See post in events section.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:40 pm

An excellent start Keith looks like you have a nice bit of flat ish ground there (sorry garden). keep the pictures coming now you have sorted out how to do them.
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Your garden looks fantastic Keith, much bigger than mine. Very Happy

Its got a slope on it too - or is it the angle of the shot ? (I like slopes and gradients to challenge both me - to build the line, and my trains - to get up them)
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/

PostSubject: Levels   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Hello Paul and French Chuffed,

Yes there are levels everywhere! There is hardly any ground in the garden that is not on a slope. The site I picked is about the "flattest" I have. I did think of a raised track, but it would have meant quite a high piece at the lowest point. Anyway, I am like you, I like levels and actually controlling the loco's. With my battery loco, if I get it set just right, it will go round unaided, if I am feeling lazy and just want to watch. The live steam is a different matter, but for me it all adds to the interest.

Best Regards,
Keith
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi Keith
Lovely garden,will be following this thread with interest.Keep the pictures coming at every stage of development.

Van
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:30 pm

The layout "Pempoul" has been exhibited here in the UK and Is an exemplary exercise in model railways. Cool

It is without doubt, one of the best models I have ever seen.
It was featured last year in "Continental Modeller" a magazine widely on sale here in the UK.
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Looks a great garden for a railway, please post lots of photos of the progress of the line!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:44 am

Looking great as its always keith. Is it a circular railroad? Oh you must do something on your trains & scenery, the good thing is, they're natural.

The Australian Model Train Guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new Railway   The start of a new Railway Empty

Back to top Go down

The start of a new Railway
Page 1 of 1