Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Empty
PostSubject: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:57 pm

I know you'll have all been wondering what I've been up to figure-wise of late - well perhaps not, but it's fair to say I have been suffering from withdrawal symptoms for not doing much with figures whilst major engineering works and working away during the week have eaten into my time.

Recently I was looking at a standing passenger figure, and wondering what I could do to it to make it a little different, but not take me ages to do it:

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Leaning_man1

On the face of it, not a lot! But then sometimes, it doesn't need a lot - maybe something as insignificant as a turn of the head one way or the other. Well, I looked at this figure, and decided that a mere 7 passes with a saw and a bit of filling and sanding (oh, and painting of course) would be all I needed to get something a little different. The same pic, with my intended cut marks:

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Leaning_man1b

So about 3 or 4 hours of work later (OK elapsed time was about 10 days, but that was only because I was working away in the week) I ended up with this:

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Leaning_man_finished

Clive

Fat Controller of the Great Unfinished Railway, formerly the S&CGR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 am

He's a cagey looking character Clive! Nice work.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Possibly good that it wasn’t a female profile to start with!!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Now there's a thought.... Twisted Evil

Clive

Fat Controller of the Great Unfinished Railway, formerly the S&CGR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...   A "Quick Win" for a unique figure... Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Quick Win" for a unique figure...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: