Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think of this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

What do you think of this? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of this?   What do you think of this? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:48 pm

In order to give us a bit of a challenge what do members think of having a weekly photo theme? Not a competition, no winners, no losers just peoples picture of a defined theme. it could be a
railway accident, or a goods train, or train stopped by... anything that everybody could take part in; not 'train coming out of a tunnel, 'cos not everybodys got a tunnel!. Obviously with Carl's blessing we could post a theme on a sunday, then you've got til the following saturday to create and post your pic.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this?   What do you think of this? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:36 pm

I try and have a regular theme on the 'front page' which is not time related.

If you want a weekly photo theme that would create visual topical interest, that's dandy with me. Sounds good, after all it's your forum and you shape it how you like with your input.
Smile

I'm a little busy at the moment with work and alike so not much train stuff going on chez moi.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this?   What do you think of this? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Seems like a nice idea. I'll certainly take up the challenge!

Seeing as how you've come up with the idea Mike, why don't you throw in the first "theme".
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
pjti

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this?   What do you think of this? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Sounds ok to me but keep the pics to a sensible file size, also define the actual size cos it'll screw the formatting up. Maybe a seperate "Topic " and each week as a new "Subject", Topic to be pinned and would it be poss to have a closing date and close to new posts after one week ? errrrrrr what else. Yup, JUST pics, not comments or nothing else. Maybe a short description would be in order. And hey don't lets go crazy and do the same ole thing from 10 zillion angles , post one pic and thats it ! let someone else have a go after that.

You wannit in bullet points I'll do that too .

Pat
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this?   What do you think of this? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:58 pm

OK when are we starting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this?   What do you think of this? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Everything is possible in the wonderful world of html and java. Smile

I'll listen to a few more suggestions (if any) and then create the forum admin structure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this?   What do you think of this? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: