Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st Empty
PostSubject: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 am

Hi all,

Just thought I would post an early reminder that the Solent Local Area Group of the G Scale Society is holding its Grand Autum Indoor Garden Railway Spectacular on Saturday October 31st (11 til 4:30) at the Wickham Community Centre, Wickam, Hampshire.

G Scale Layouts include: "Kleinbach", "Trumpers Halt", "Broke Brick Mountain Railroad", Fentille Railroad", "The Albany Garden Railway"
16mm layouts include: "Ridgmont"

Hope to see you there.

Quote :

G Scale Society - Solent Local Area Group
5th Grand Autumn Indoor
Garden Railway Spectacular
The Big Train Show
Bigger & Better Than Ever!

Saturday October 31st 2009 11am – 4.30pm

Nine or more working layouts in G Scale and 16mm
Trade Attendance (Kent Garden Rail)
Members’ Bring and Buy Stand
Grand Raffle
Refreshments
There is disabled access and a large free car park

Wickham Community Centre.
Mill Lane, Wickham, Hants, PO17 5AL

Entrance is FREE – but donations welcome!
All Members of the G Scale Society, other model railway societies,
and their friends are most welcome

Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I imagine that the 'Modular Layout' Synchronised Display Team will also be in attendance! Cool Not sure if I am available for figure-making demos this time round, but would like to be.

I must try and get a small indoor layout together for events such as this - I have a couple of bare 4x2 ft baseboards gathering dust in the garage, just need time and some ideas I guess - oh, and some track too, probably. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:31 am

clive_t wrote:
I imagine that the 'Modular Layout' Synchronised Display Team will also be in attendance! Cool Not sure if I am available for figure-making demos this time round, but would like to be.

I must try and get a small indoor layout together for events such as this - I have a couple of bare 4x2 ft baseboards gathering dust in the garage, just need time and some ideas I guess - oh, and some track too, probably. Very Happy

Clive,

I believe it is and it maybe in the main hall this time but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:22 pm

By way of a small reminder that this show is on in 8 days time, I have been advised by the organiser Jack Nisbet that I have a small table available to me at this show, so I shall be making an exhibition of myself. (not for the first time, either!)

Mikey, if it's OK with you I'd like to take the horse-bound copper and the gypsy girl along, as a 'show and tell' in a work-in-progress kind of way. I may even get round to making a start on painting the guy up in his full regalia.

So anyone who finds themselves there on the day, come and seek me out!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:34 pm

That would be great Clive! See if you can get somebody to take a picture of you working on it. i'd like to put that on my website. Have a good day.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Well I'm back, tired and my voice has failed me - no bad thing, so I am told... tongue

A good show all in all, I got to meet and talk with a whole bunch of nice people, who seemed to go away reasonably satisfied with my patter! I also managed to win a prize in the draw.

Some evidence of the fact that I wasn't talking constantly:

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009

I did make some progress on the copper - pics to follow on the relevant thread, hopefully - and I also made a start on another figure.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:48 pm

Some more pics from the day:

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_1

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_2

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_3

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_4

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_5

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_6

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_7

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st SLAG_Wickham2009_8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st   GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire,  Saturday Octpber 31st Empty

Back to top Go down

GSS Solent Area Show - Wickham, Hampshire, Saturday Octpber 31st
Page 1 of 1