Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lemax figures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
philkelly

philkelly

Lemax figures Empty
PostSubject: Lemax figures   Lemax figures EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:05 pm

I came across this range in a French shop. I had never heard of them before. Distribution seems very haphazard - they are principally produced for Xmas dioramas. A lot seem to be made for Walmart, so they may turn up in the UK at Asda. I started looking for them on ebay - there is a very good range and selling prices are much lower than Preiser-style stuff. They are quite brittle - I snapped the head off the smith's hammer. They are perhaps a little on the small side, but well-detailed and people are all different. It wouldn't be the French countryside without nuns, although the priest looks a bit too CofE. A lot of them are Victorian-looking (After all, Dickens invented Xmas).

Lemax figures Lemax

Phil
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Lemax figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lemax figures   Lemax figures EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Yes i can endorse that Phil.If you look at the websites of shops that stock them (there a few in UK and France) they normally show the height of the figures;anything 7 to 8 cms is fine. Especially like their lampposts!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

Lemax figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lemax figures   Lemax figures EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 pm

There is a garden centre about 30 kilometers from me that sells the entire range.

I have got the lamps - a little too small and not bright enough IMO - but if you mount them on a tall circular plinth, the size would be okay.
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Sponsored content

Lemax figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lemax figures   Lemax figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Lemax figures
Page 1 of 1