Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne

Go down 
+13
tram47
KleineDicke
dtsteam
Knotty Ash
clive_t
Bearcastle
pjti
GWhizz
Admin
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
mikeyh
French Chuffed
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
French Chuffed

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks.
Excellent article I thought I had seen those diagrams before. (But the memory is not what it was). I will re read it with added interest.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 DSCF2136

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 DSCF2137

I have ordered a large smoke unit (made for model boats) to go in the Brewery chimney, the smoke unit should run for about 1 hour on a filling. Thing is it is slightly bigger than the base of the chimney building. Do you think it will look to silly if I put the chimney on top of the building as in the second pic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:40 pm

I think it looks better as a seperate unit Peter.

cheers
G
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:42 pm

ditto
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:45 pm

In fact I reckon that a brewery would want the chimney and boiler house some way away from the beer malking so maybe it should go next to the siding where the green van sits. A coal dump and small boiler house could sit in the space?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Unfortunately I havent visited many breweries but from a purely aesthetic point of view ~I think its better seperate

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:16 pm

You are both right off course; I was just hoping someone would think the one on top of the building would look ok to make it easy to fit the smoke generator, as now I will have to cut a slot in the side of the chimney base. A coal pile next to a boiler house with some connecting pipes to the main building would look good.
As you will also see from the pics I am utilising some of my r1 track and points around the dock area.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Yep, totally agree, separate. In fact, a bit of a gap, as Geoff says put the 'boiler house' next to that siding, and have some overhead pipework going into the brewery bit. Sorted. Cool

Sort of puts me in mind of the old Gales Brewery at Horndean, just up the road from here. Now sadly gone out of business.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Oops, you beat me to it, sorry!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:24 pm

whatever you decide to do Peter, it will look fantastic once it has the cobbles to integrate it. wish i had bought one of them instead of making the papermill. Beer is so much more interesting than paper!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks guys. Beer is definately more interesting Mikey. I have 2 beer wagons so far to make it more authentic. but need to get a load of barels. Also have been laying some track today, but still have about 30’ of walling and track to do to complete the loop up to the storage sidings in the hanger. Hopefully pic’s tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:20 pm

French Chuffed wrote:
I have 2 beer wagons so far to make it more authentic. but need to get a load of barels.
You might already know this, but Pola do a set of packing crates/barrels, also a beer crates (full and empty) set
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Not much progress, but the track is making its way from the slowly from the hanger storage level to the main line level. I need to get to the quarry before they close for August.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 DSCF1687
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:36 pm

clive_t wrote:
French Chuffed wrote:
I have 2 beer wagons so far to make it more authentic. but need to get a load of barels.
You might already know this, but Pola do a set of packing crates/barrels, also a beer crates (full and empty) set

Yes Clive I have them on my shopping list. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:07 pm

How long is that tunnel Peter?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:58 am

2.5 mt Geoff. I know it’s too long but ha ho, you have got to live dangerously some times.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 2008_02240001
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:28 am

Can't you do it in two part of with some sort of visit door half way ?

I edited, because i found the picture i was thinking of.

Long tunnel are dangerous for live steam a snail could kill your locomotive (it happened, someone tell me a story about it).

And maybe that could add someting interesting to your railway.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 5192_110
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 am

Is that picture at 1: 1 scale or a model? Spectacular either way but amazing if a model, if it's a model I am going to stop playing.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:17 am

It's a real one, i collected some picture to take idea for a future train line.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 am

Although I think there's guy in the US, Marty Cozad? who has a bridge like that upper one on his line... Do some searches on You-Tube, you'll probably find some cool videos of it.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Apologies for the slight thread drift, but here's the video I was thinking of in relation to the above bridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0vFLxpFz0&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:36 pm

I think that is a bit more to Geoff size of bridge and railway than mine.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Got more stone yesterday from the quarry, now run out of cement (I will have to sack the supplies manager) collection run tomorrow hopefully.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 DSCF1689
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Went too the other Quarry today and got some more ballast, I didn’t stop the huge shovel loader in time so ended up with 1.56 tons, and so the trip home was with a slightly overloaded trailer.
Still I hopefully should have enough to finish with some to spare.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:32 pm

No need of a big bridge, i was thinking of a small waterfall and 2 bridges.

The botton bridge between 2 tunnel and the other on top.

It's just an idea, that i've got from the line from Nice to Tende, who have fantastic view.
This line have been rebuilt few years ago, before the end of the line was not used.
Did a summer holliday camp when i was young there.

I think this quarry will have a lot of visitor. Did it show price for a delivery next to Paris (usually in big square bags) ?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Carl, you did say you paid about 17€ a bag for ballast didn’t you. That’s ok then I wasn’t diddled.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 DSCF1692
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next