Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another figure - Tramlok driver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Another figure - Tramlok driver Empty
PostSubject: Another figure - Tramlok driver   Another figure - Tramlok driver EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 4:56 pm

I did this one over the last weekend. Thankfully not a huge amount of fettling/filling needed. The fiddliest bit was the 'single line token' which is fashioned from a short piece of plasticard strip. Sequence to follow, not a slideshow this time!

Another figure - Tramlok driver Clives_Tram_driver1

Another figure - Tramlok driver Clives_Tram_driver2

Another figure - Tramlok driver Clives_Tram_driver3

Another figure - Tramlok driver Clives_Tram_driver4

Another figure - Tramlok driver Clives_Tram_driver5

Another figure - Tramlok driver Clives_Tram_driver6

I feel I want to rework the painting of the face, but it looks OK I think - not bad for a couple of hours work over a weekend.

Cheers

Clive
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Another figure - Tramlok driver   Another figure - Tramlok driver EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:29 am

he looks really happy in his work Clive!! Have you got a better pic of that tram loco? What is it?

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Another figure - Tramlok driver   Another figure - Tramlok driver EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:09 am

Mikey, it's the DR Tramlok:

Another figure - Tramlok driver Weathered_tramlokMedium
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Another figure - Tramlok driver   Another figure - Tramlok driver EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:19 am

Again, super character modelling Clive. One can really identify with these 'people'.
Do you actually think about someone personally when you're doing them.

And could you make your next model a lazy fat toe-rag of a French plumber that I can stick pins into please.....it's a long and wet story!
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Another figure - Tramlok driver   Another figure - Tramlok driver EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:43 am

Cheers Carl.

Actually that's a good question. I would have to say I don't think of any one person, on the basis that I don't know any drivers (engine or tram) or any gendarmes - although I met a fair approximation to a drunken Frenchman a while back! Wink

In truth, I tend to think more about a typical pose that a person in a given situation might adopt - then I try and make it slightly 'idiosyncratic' (oo, that word will probably be enough to bring the whole forum down!) in its attitude - e.g. leaning the head to one side, or slouching, or resting one foot on a box, or whatever.

The rest is down to the quality of the mouldings, particularly the face and hands. Preiser figures win on this every time in my book. If I've ever changed any of the facial features, it was only because I felt I needed a distinguishing feature to be in sympathy with the rest of the body, e.g. the drunken Frenchie and your tram driver were both sporting 'generously built' bodies, shall we say (thus supporting the theory that they are related!) and so both needed some fattening around the face. I only added a beard to the railway worker because it made for a slightly different look. Ultimately it's the quality of the moulding detail that allows me to emphasise it with the painting.

Cheers

Clive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another figure - Tramlok driver   Another figure - Tramlok driver Empty

Back to top Go down

Another figure - Tramlok driver
Page 1 of 1