Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spule 4

Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... Empty
PostSubject: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 pm

All:

I bought a kit off of eBay, the Pola 983 diesel tank. Bought it for the initial bid, well below retail. I got it as I thought I could use it for "fueling" the railbus.

I did not expect much from this kit. Boy, was I wrong!

The pump itself is quite detailed, and pre-colored, including the dispensing hardware and clear sights. Has a couple drums too.

The wood is distressed, typical Pola staining, and it should be a solid little model when done. Metal roof. VERY thick baseplate.

If anyone needs a fueling station for their railbus or small diesel stock in G, I would recommend this kit.

http://www.modellbahnecke.de/bilder/pola/330983.jpg

(Link to show the kit, found on Google, Pola 983/330983)

The question for me next is to find out if Shell had a presence in Czechoslovakia in the interwar period....

Now to find time to build it and several other Piko and Pola kits..... Very Happy

Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 am

Hi Spud, looks a nice little rural kit.
Has anyone got any ideas about the best adhesive to use on these kits?
I have always used the Pola glue supplied, but suffer from parts falling off. I recently tripped over my Roundhouse engine shed and it disintegrated (at the glued joints) so I need to reassemble it, using a better adhesive, or some screws.

Peter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 2:13 am

I have one of these. I'm using it on a it on a scale IIf modular layout. I'm removing the tank, and using the superstructure as a storage shed for a small feldbahn loco.

cheers,
Scot O.
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:06 am

That is an interesting idea Scot.

There is a Pola (now faller) kit in H0 that is used as a "handcar" shed.

The origins of the kit was Pola/Minitrains H0e engine shed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Model-Power-408-HO-Trackside-Maintenance-Kit_W0QQitemZ250434457599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item3a4f0e8fff

PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: