Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting map coordinates out of Google Maps

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Getting map coordinates out of Google Maps Empty
PostSubject: Getting map coordinates out of Google Maps   Getting map coordinates out of Google Maps EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello all

I have been updating some pages on my web site this evening, including adding some map pins to link to the more recent collections of photos pertaining to various gardens etc what I have visited on me travels.

Since Multimap has been done over by Micro$oft I seem to have lost the ability to see map latitude/longitude coordinates for given locations. However, I have learned of a handy tip involving the use of Google Maps to do this. This is what you do:

1. Fire up Google Maps, and go to the location of your choosing.
2. Centre the map on that point, by doing *right click* on the pin and choosing 'Center Map Here'
3. In the browser's URL toolbar, paste in the following text: javascript:void(prompt('',gApplication.getMap().getCenter()));

The result should be a little 'alert' box, showing the latitude/longitude coordinates!

Hurrah!

Site will be updated soon, but too late to finish all my changes tonight. As well as the additional map-pins in my 'Visits' map, I am also (among other things) testing a mechanism for the user to select and display (in a separate window) a figure 'slide-show' from my Photobucket account.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

Getting map coordinates out of Google Maps
Page 1 of 1