Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spanish station colour schemes in steam days

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

Spanish station colour schemes in steam days Empty
PostSubject: Spanish station colour schemes in steam days   Spanish station colour schemes in steam days EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:02 pm

I am very familiar with the bright pastel multiple tones now used on FEVE stations along the North Coast of Spain.

Does anyone know if these bright colours are just a recent trend and whether these colours were typical in the 60s and 70s, or were paint schemes drab and dingy those days.

I do have virtually every published book on the Spanish Narrow Gauge but it is not easy to deduce the answer from these black and white photos.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Very best wishes to everyone for a great Christmas and thanks to Carl and all contributors for a terrific CGT forum,

David
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Spanish station colour schemes in steam days   Spanish station colour schemes in steam days EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:16 pm

David, not sure if it is of use, but there might be some useful colour pics hidden away in this particular corner of RailFanEurope.net:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/es/station/pix.html

If nothing else, you could wile away an hour or two just looking at some nice pics!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Spanish station colour schemes in steam days   Spanish station colour schemes in steam days EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 pm

David, I haven't forgotten you - just no luck with it.

Mother in law, who came from San Sebastion has no idea and she is 87 and can remember everything that ever happened since the dawn of time.

Pablo, a chap I got talking to tonight is a bit vague but thinks white and green was the scheme when he was little.

But his dad was a boy in Bilbao and knew the makers names of all the engines on the line - maybe, just maybe he will remember. I have asked Pablo to mention it next time they talk.

So hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanish station colour schemes in steam days   Spanish station colour schemes in steam days Empty

Back to top Go down

Spanish station colour schemes in steam days
Page 1 of 1