Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSC and the French Language

Go down 
+10
clive_t
tram47
KleineDicke
French Chuffed
Bearcastle
mike
Paul Stainz Holt
Carl Hibbs
fm12
pjti
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pjti

GSC and the French Language Empty
PostSubject: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:14 pm

Apparently they will only accept postings in English, see "GSC Bonjour".
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:35 am

Yes have seen that thread on gsc.My first thought was that someone on here might be trying a friendly windup.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:46 am

Not me....I can't get on GSC. My password has been revoked and the new one they sent me after 3 days doesn't work.

Maybe they thought it was me (like the last time on another channel Evil or Very Mad ....)

Maybe those of you who have access could investigate further please.
If someone French is trying to get involved in G Scale then perhaps you could contact them and point them this way or VML where they might be more welcome.

We accept all currencies here.

I can't be bothered at the moment haggling over passwords on discriminatory forums. I'm too busy. GSC and the French Language 9343
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:32 am

The guys name is Tram 47.

I have sent him a PM from GSC with a link to CGT. Very Happy
(I also translated the PM into French (using a website translator Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 am

i wish icould speak french, may be patric could help me...its not a strong point for me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks Paul.

I can help you speak French mike... and I'm okay with Dutch too..... twice. Razz
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:56 am

He (Daniel) may appreciate the benefit of two forums which are distinctly different, but both have a lot to offer,
depending on what you want to achieve in the hobby. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:21 am

I send a mail to Tram 47 and invite him to post on CGT. I am looking at what they are doing on the other French speaking forum and I found that what they're doing is a good contribution for G scale.
The debate about speaking or not speaking english is irrelevant, what matter is a nice contribution to our hobby.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:50 am

Bearcastle wrote:

The debate about speaking or not speaking English is irrelevant, what matter is a nice contribution to our hobby.

Exactement !

Language is not a barrier these days.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:15 am

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Bearcastle wrote:

The debate about speaking or not speaking English is irrelevant, what matter is a nice contribution to our hobby.

Exactement !

If it was guy’s I would never be able to post on VML
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:26 am

I can't believe that Peter.

But they [VML] do accept English speakers and posters.

....Is someone who can't post correctly then an imposter ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:17 am

Welcome Daniel aka Tram 47.

Bievenue Daniel. Tu peut discuter ici en Français ou en Anglais comme tu souhait.

Raconte nous apropos de ton réseau et tes interêts.
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Bearcastle wrote:

Exactement !

no ,its not, its the photos which matter!!
"local model shop selling off a rather tastey h van...see photo"
but even with out that comment,if id posted the photo,i would hope you would still enjoy it, ..
Very Happy
GSC and the French Language P1050125
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:43 pm

pjti wrote:
Apparently they will only accept postings in English, see "GSC Bonjour".

Isn't that the same sort of xenophobic attitude that caused GSM to implode?
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Je parle très mal l'anglais et je ne l'écrit pas du tout !!!!
j'utilise différents traducteurs , mais quelquefois les traductions automatiques sont surprenantes.

REVERSO :
I very badly speak English and I writes it in no way!!!!
I use various translators, but sometimes the automatic traductions is surprising.
SDL :
I speak very poorly the English and I not at all writes it!!!!
I use different translators, but sometimes the automatic translations are surprising.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Daniel...

Moi, Je suis prof d'anglais ici depuis confused ans.

Les choses plus importants sont..... Est on peut communquer ? Est ce on peut comprendre ?

La grammaire, la vocabulaire, le pronunciation sont juste les outils.

Il en y a beaucoup des façons divers pour communiquer, les gestes, les images etc..

Inquiet pas pour l'anglais. Essaye si tu veut et nous pouvons le corriger au même temps tu peut corriger notre français. Eh voila !

Sinon je donnes des cours d'anglais à un prix reduit pour les membres du forum. Laughing
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:01 pm

tram47 wrote:
Je parle très mal l'anglais et je ne l'écrit pas du tout !!!!
j'utilise différents traducteurs , mais quelquefois les traductions automatiques sont surprenantes.

REVERSO :
I very badly speak English and I writes it in no way!!!!
I use various translators, but sometimes the automatic traductions is surprising.
SDL :
I speak very poorly the English and I not at all writes it!!!!
I use different translators, but sometimes the automatic translations are surprising.
Interesting to see different 'translations' from different sites... I use:

Google Translate : ( http://translate.google.com/ if you wish to try it)
"I speak very little English and I did not write at all!!
I use different translators, but sometimes the machine translations are amazing."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:08 am

santa
Back to top Go down
Montblanc

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 am

Hello everybody

I tried to convince the moderators on GSC that it was not really a problem to post in French. They said the problem was that they could not moderate if they did not understand the language. I felt that the tone of the discussion was getting a bit unpleasant, so I stopped trying. I can understand them being touchy on moderation issue, considering what happened to GSM ! I will explain this to Tram 47 and suggest that the best place for him to post - "Voie Métrique Libre" excepted - is here !

Jean-Pierre
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks Jean Pierre.

Again I would like not to get into any 'contre-temps' with any other forum.

But there seems a strange sense of 'deja-vu' here with what happened in the past.

I find any anti-French attitude rather 'degûtant' in this day and age.

As far as language goes 40% of English is made up directly from French. In fact the first proper language of the British governement and monarchy was French (and still is in many recitals, law and phrases - e.g. 'Honi soit qui mal y pense'). It was the Normands who gave Britain it's weight system - 'avoirdupoids' and many other imortant aspects of civilised culture.
In English there are a myriad of modern French terms to express 'quality or class' where the equivalent English word often sounds derogatory.
Take food for example. In a 'restaurant' you don't have a cook but a 'chef' .

The countries are far closer than many people realise or in some cases wish to realise.
They are only distanced by ignorance.

As operaters and owners of any club, society or forum one has the right to determine a set of rules including language spoken for whatever reason.

It's just here I welcome any language and can always find a way of translating it if need be.
And as mentioned before pictures are an important part of this hobby which carry no langauge barrier.

Post away.

对他们的胡说

тестикулы к им

Wink
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Well said, Carl. When I began to learn French, I was amazed at how much of English was actually borrowed French.

I suspect it is not a coincidence that you used 'Honi soit qui mal y pense' as an example.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm

KleineDicke wrote:

I suspect it is not a coincidence that you used 'Honi soit qui mal y pense' as an example.
Wink

English is really a true bastard language. In that I mean it has no outright parentage.

Before the Norman Conquest 'English' was a highly inflected Germanic based language.

But it has Latin influences from many indirect sources not just from the Romans.

I was discussing through a wine filled haze last weekend with the mayor and his family about this and they highlighted many Norman dialect words that are exactly the same in English.

The word 'Norman' actually comes from North'men i.e. from Scandinavia.
Now there's some wisdom for you. Surprised
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Funny thing - the servers at my work are now blocking access to GSC, reporting "Security Awareness" as the reason for blocking it. I've been able to access it and GSM from this computer for a couple of years, now it's suddenly blocked. Go figure. Fortunately, my favorite Garden Rail site (CGT) is still available. For now, at least.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Image hosted by servimg.com
Razz
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Nice picture Bill.

St Valery port which is part of the town of St Valery sur Somme.

GSC and the French Language St_val11

Also known for this, Smile

GSC and the French Language St_val10

GSC and the French Language St_val12

Unusual architecture for this line....shame about the garden shed. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSC and the French Language   GSC and the French Language Empty

Back to top Go down

GSC and the French Language
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next