Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Briqueterie Lagrive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

Briqueterie Lagrive Empty
PostSubject: Briqueterie Lagrive   Briqueterie Lagrive EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 am

From the Industrial Narrow Gauge Railway site is this brief description of one of the few working industrial railways in France. I dont know if it is still working but if the reports are correct it was in 2009. Cannot be very far from Carl's place. Anyone know anything about it ?

""
Briqueterie Lagrive, Lisieux - (500mm Gauge) Railway just over 0.5km in length, used in good weather. Update: 2005 confirmed still working. Update August 2009: Confirmed still in use.
""

David
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Briqueterie Lagrive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Briqueterie Lagrive   Briqueterie Lagrive EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:17 am

On a visit out to collect my daughter from a weeks horse riding in Villers sur mer by chance we passed the Brickworks at Lisieux.

The works still look very active and alive. We didn't go in and it is now the French annual holidays but now I now where it is (on the main N13 just east of Lisieux) and only 25 minutes away I can visit again.

Lagrive

INGR
Back to top Go down

Briqueterie Lagrive
Page 1 of 1