Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hot Saturday

Go down 
+5
clive_t
mikeyh
Bearcastle
pjti
Carl Hibbs
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

Hot Saturday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Saturday   Hot Saturday - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 pm

The fête de vapeur won't be until 2012. They only do it every 3 years now as the organisation and planning is vast.

The last one was last year.

What is worthy is the MTVS steam weekend near Paris every October, You can go round the sheds and sidings as you please and photograph and measure everything. As most places in France they are very helpful.

I was going exhibit there last year and may do so this year if I can get a place under cover this time.
Back to top Go down
Knotty Ash

PostSubject: Re: Hot Saturday   Hot Saturday - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
The fête de vapeur won't be until 2012. They only do it every 3 years now as the organisation and planning is vast.

The last one was last year.

What is worthy is the MTVS steam weekend near Paris every October, You can go round the sheds and sidings as you please and photograph and measure everything. As most places in France they are very helpful.

I was going exhibit there last year and may do so this year if I can get a place under cover this time.

Many thanks for the pics they were great, I'm too old to start building wagons etc now so run LGB stock on the Potty Line. We came over for the day a couple of months ago and we are thinking of doing it again this year. Kieth (son) is whellchair bound is there something we could look at in the area North from Calais to the Belguim Border? Many places claim to be wheelchair friendly apart from the steps up or down or too narrow to get through. Les
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hot Saturday   Hot Saturday - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Les there is a nice standard gauge railway at Lumbres between Boulogne and St Omer along the Aa valley. Picasso autorail and they're low floor access

http://sites.google.com/site/cftva01/

Further south and well woth a visit is a 60cm gauge line the Cdf Haute Somme.

http://appeva.perso.neuf.fr/index.htm

I can't guarantee that either are fully their wheelchair friendly but you could always ask before or let me know if and when you want to go and I will ask. The latter have a large English volunteer force.

There's not much this way.... at the moment Wink but we're on the flat and can accomodate wheelchairs if you're ever passing. 1 hour from Le Havre or Caen - smelly, squashy cheese and chewy cider. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knotty Ash

PostSubject: Re: Hot Saturday   Hot Saturday - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Les there is a nice standard gauge railway at Lumbres between Boulogne and St Omer along the Aa valley. Picasso autorail and they're low floor access

http://sites.google.com/site/cftva01/

Further south and well woth a visit is a 60cm gauge line the Cdf Haute Somme.

http://appeva.perso.neuf.fr/index.htm

I can't guarantee that either are fully their wheelchair friendly but you could always ask before or let me know if and when you want to go and I will ask. The latter have a large English volunteer force.

There's not much this way.... at the moment Wink but we're on the flat and can accomodate wheelchairs if you're ever passing. 1 hour from Le Havre or Caen - smelly, squashy cheese and chewy cider. cheers

Carl, thanks I will have a look at Google for the first one as I doubt if Kieth would travel from here at the week-end due to traffic. I looking at the pics we might end up as we did on the Ziller the coach being 2 ft off the platform and no means of getting him up, it was wheelchair friendly!!!! Les
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Saturday   Hot Saturday - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Saturday
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2