Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rain, Rain and still more rain.

Go down 
+5
clive_t
Carl Hibbs
mikeyh
French Chuffed
pjti
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pjti

Rain, Rain and still more rain. Empty
PostSubject: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 am

It's been raining here all yesterday and all last night. It is STILL raining.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Yes rain here yesterday and the previous few days, the canal is nearly full from being empty, and the water buts all full as well. But we are way down on the rainfall for the year so far.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:05 pm

34 degrees but cloudy.first dry day for ages. Got to start weeding all over again!

mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Middle England has been sunny recently. We had two good weeks of sun in early June and last week a bit more rain but it's fine again now.

Not quite sitting out in the garden with a beer weather unless you wear a coat Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:00 pm

No rain here but we had a lot the last week.
The pond is quite full and the frogs keep us awake croaking and mating all night. (which is more than I can do at the moment....)

It's nice here in Normandy. In fact I'm rather glad we moved here!

My wife asked me if I was going to put out an England flag because of the football.
Why.... so that a passing tractor can see it!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Is there some football going on then Carl, 'where?'
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
No rain here but we had a lot the last week.
The pond is quite full and the frogs keep us awake croaking and mating all night. (which is more than I can do at the moment....)
I'm not sure i could survive not being able to croak for that amount of time... good luck with the recovery mate! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:35 pm

JUst in case anyone is the teeniest bit interested - IT IS STILL RAINING HERE !!!!!! Like heavy and continuous. Been stuck inside since Thursday, except for a trip to see my endocronist this afternoon. My blood sugars are at 11% -great !!!!!

As I used to say _ "I was perfectly ok until I saw the doctor"
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:05 pm

At least you’re not in the Cote D’Azur they have had a bit of rain I believe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7833492/Deadly-flash-floods-hit-southern-France.html
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Send some of that rain over here, please. We haven't had but half an inch since April. My sprinkler system is getting a workout.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Blimey...Didn't know it was so bad down south.

Glad we live up on a plateau...until the wind blows that is!

No rain here...just floods of tears.Sad

Baccalaureat time in the French high schools now. I'm on duty tomorrow invigilating. study
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 pm

For the first time EVER our rain gauge overflowed last night - that's over 75mm in 24 hours.

No wonder they've had it so bad in the valleys further South and East!

Thankfully we're on high ground like Carl!

Haven't touched the railway in two weeks due to family visitors and RAIN.

On a positive note the rainwater tank all 7500 litres is FULL !
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 am

I'm really trying to be positive about all this rain. Today its warm and humid where the heat is drawing the moisture from the ground. Until last night it had been raining for 72 hours, almost non-stop. A check of the railway just now revealed that all the buildings had repelled the water (I had given them several coats of wax floor polish). All the figures were unmarked ie no paint had come off . The river is overflowing, but thats a good thing. The length of the grass is a pain though! Rain, Rain and still more rain. 411673

mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:16 pm

mikeyh wrote:
\The length of the grass is a pain though! Rain, Rain and still more rain. 411673

mikey

More positive attitude is needed; simply think of it as harvesting hay rather than mowing grass. Perhaps some local farmer could use the fodder. What a Face
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Our donkey eats most of it...but its still a pain cutting it!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Water, water.... here I see a lot of cloud, last week one night with rain, but not that much rain, this week one storm (heavy) of 20 minutes and then nothing else, the earth in the garden is really dry.
We had to water the plant.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:22 pm

You only have one plant Laurent..... Wink
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Don’t be unkind Carl; his English is really good, and a dammed sight better than my French. I am sure he has lots of plants…….

It reminds me of the road signs you used to see ‘Plant crossing the Road’… ahhhhhh Triffids…..
Back to top Go down
Knotty Ash

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:23 pm

mikeyh wrote:
Our donkey eats most of it...but its still a pain cutting it!

mikey

Evening all from North Wales we have had a great couple of days and I did a lot of testing on the railway, we are due for some more good days so plenty of trains to run I hope Les
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain and still more rain.   Rain, Rain and still more rain. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rain, Rain and still more rain.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: