Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gecomodel - help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
philkelly

philkelly

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Gecomodel, as we know, stopped producing a few years back. Crying or Very sad Does anyone know where I could get hold of its railcar lamps (22P015 in their catalogue)? Or suggest something similar? Carl, what's the lamp on your handsome railcar which is the current heading photo, for example?

All advice gratefully received.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Phil,
Try contacting George Comella at Gecomodel. He still keeps produces a few bits for friends and people 'in the circle'.

If not try some of the German manufacturers. There are some exquisite brass varieties about.
Regner make a good suitable plastic one already fitted with a bulb and wired.
These are for feldbahn diesel locos, catalogue number 75041 price 6.60€ each.

The one on my railcar is home made from a 10mm copper/brass pipe fitting.
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks Carl: I somehow suspected that it bore the marks of Hibbs craftsmanship!

Phil
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Phil, you probably know this one already but, if you find a plastic tube of suitable diameter (could be toothpaste top,pen top etc), cut it to length and fill it with a hot glue gun. while the glue is still soft put a piece of cooking foil on it and press it in the glue with a marble or similar to give a recessed reflector. when its perfectly dry you can drill it and put in either LED or grain of wheat bulb.
Its very effective and costs pennies

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:59 am

Gecomodel is restarting production only in our scale, they should be at Villebon this year
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
philkelly

philkelly

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:44 am

Bearcastle wrote:
Gecomodel is restarting production only in our scale, they should be at Villebon this year

Very Happy Great news! I'm bringing my credit card! I did get Regner lamps as Carl suggested for the Billard (see the earlier thread of it at Brian's) and they look fine, but one can never have too few "bits" for bashing...
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:44 am

Bearcastle wrote:

Oh bloody! Crying or Very sad

It's going to be an expensive show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gecomodel - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecomodel - help   Gecomodel - help Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecomodel - help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: