Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Metre gauge diesel locomotives

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Metre gauge diesel locomotives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metre gauge diesel locomotives   Metre gauge diesel locomotives EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 pm

As we (the true ex-pat afficionados) know there were many Corpet variants as we have documented in part on this forum. It wouldn't be difficult to make a successful classic even generic model that could easily be cosmetically altered if required by individual modellers.

Exactly as LGB did.

I personally could count around 100 people who may be genuinely interested in a live steam model even if some licence was used over say simplified valve gear.

I contacted both Roundhouse and Accucraft (twice) about this some 3 or 4 years ago. Roundhouse was polite and said 'Thanks but we already have continental prototypes'. Mr Ian Pearce was a little more tearse saying that they had no interest nor plans to build continental locos with such a small demand.

Ralph Reppingen was once going to produce a Corpet but a 130 as on the Baie de la Somme but nothing came of it.

Accucraft.de - Lorenz Schug is an agreable person to deal wth and I might try and pursuade him again.

He had (and still has) ideas to buld a Decauville which of course would be a 60cm gauge prototype and obviously more suited to 32mm track.

David Grantham wrote:

Also could you tell me if there was a standard design ubiquitous French metre gauge diesel. I was asked by Roundhouse last year what diesel prototype should they produce next after Criccieth Catle and I could n't think of anything suitably ubiquitous.

David as for a metre gauge diesel.....mmm..... now you'e made me open a bottle of good Corsican Patrimonio red wine while I saviour the distant thought of 2 Baudouin engines throbbing away driving outside crank bogies pulling two or three K series wooden vans labouring through the mountainous forest of Vizzavona....
A tanned and heavily 'spuntinu' Nuncio Grisoni driving in his shorts and sandals on the look out as always for errant mouflons and Billard railcars on the track.

Yes...my choice CFD Montmirail BB400 types built for the metre gauge in France, POC, CF Provence and Corsica. 2 originals still survive just about with another similar later built (modified statndard gauge) but with conventional bogies plus the Corsicans have recently ordered another new loco for resumption of freight traffic.

Here's a pic of both types in Corsica but doesn't show clearly the bogies. Maybe I'll start another thread on this excellent subject later....now where's my glass?..... cheers

Metre gauge diesel locomotives Speno_10

Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Metre gauge diesel locomotives   Metre gauge diesel locomotives EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:42 pm

David Grantham wrote:

Also could you tell me if there was a standard design ubiquitous French metre gauge diesel. I was asked by Roundhouse last year what diesel prototype should they produce next after Criccieth Catle and I could n't think of anything suitably ubiquitous.

Thread drift, David! Corpets to diesels?

Carl may be right that the BBs are distinctive, but the metre gauge diesel which spread furthest was surely CFD's home-made jobs using old steam loco frames - good for any period from 1945 to now!

I think these are still around on the Blanc-Argent:

BA 13

Metre gauge diesel locomotives SmallBA13

BA 14

IMG]https://2img.net/h/i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp293/philkelly56w/smallBA14.jpg[/IMG]

(There are older pics of them with air cylinders on the cab roofs.)

Or this one, slightly more modern design, on the Baie de Somme:

Metre gauge diesel locomotives SmallCFBSlocotracteur

And because they moved around between systems, you have an excuse for one anywhere!

Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Metre gauge diesel locomotives   Metre gauge diesel locomotives EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:44 pm

This is BA 14 - bracket fell off (the URL, not the loco)

Metre gauge diesel locomotives SmallBA14
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Metre gauge diesel locomotives   Metre gauge diesel locomotives EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:05 am

I created a new topic for this subject which has a lot of interest.

Although not so much of a thread drift from Corpet Louvets because as you say Phil a number of small diesels were built on Corpet steam loco chassis.

BA 13 and 14 I believe are still in use on the BA in good restored condition. These were old Blanc Misseron steam locos.
The smaller BA 11 and 12 are preserved too, one is on the CFBS.

Overdue for visit to Sologne.

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Metre gauge diesel locomotives   Metre gauge diesel locomotives EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 am

Another celebrated large diesel was this monster built by Brissonneau et Lotz.
10 were built in the early 1950's and originally supplied to Provence, VFD and Corsica.
2 are preserved on the CF de Mure and one is I believe still in service in Provence and 2 still working on the CF de Jura in Switzerland.

Although it was a 600cv diesel-electric locomotive it had some cargo carrying space in the centre.

Metre gauge diesel locomotives Brisso10
T2 ex VFD (Voies Ferrées du Daupiné)

Metre gauge diesel locomotives Briss10
CFC (Chemin de Fer de la Corse) at Bastia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metre gauge diesel locomotives   Metre gauge diesel locomotives Empty

Back to top Go down

Metre gauge diesel locomotives
Page 1 of 1