Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Roundhouse loco kit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

New Roundhouse loco kit Empty
PostSubject: New Roundhouse loco kit   New Roundhouse loco kit EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:32 pm

FYI

Just up on the R/H website is a new kit of an existing loco, the Fowler "colonial" tender loco.

R/H kits are a great opportunity learn about the innards of a live steamer, very satisfying to build as a first timer, save some money, get rid of cheesy screws and have a nice matt or satin paint finish.

No price up yet but I would guess at about £1100.

David
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco kit   New Roundhouse loco kit EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm

It looks like you can buy it in stages as per Billy and Lady Anne. I wouldn't pesonally want the body anyway.

There are no prices yet on their latest PDF list.

But the prices for a Lady Anne 0 6 0 chassis and boiler kits are £379 and £355 respectively. A body kit will cost another £140.

I don't whether the fowler has a larger boiler...?? That could be useful if it is bigger.

Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco kit   New Roundhouse loco kit EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Is it just me, or with a different cab and black with red underbits, I always thought this loco would look good in DR markings....

...or....

How hard to make it into an 0-8-0?

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/2190774
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco kit   New Roundhouse loco kit EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:49 am

Spule 4 wrote:

If you look at the front page portal feature you will see that David has already successfully built an eight coupled loco using Roundhouse parts and custom made laser cut steel chassis frames and rods. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco kit   New Roundhouse loco kit EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Spule 4 wrote:

If you look at the front page portal feature you will see that David has already successfully built an eight coupled loco using Roundhouse parts and custom made laser cut steel chassis frames and rods. Smile

...or if I actually put 2 and 2 together, affraid I had admired that loco a few days back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco kit   New Roundhouse loco kit Empty

Back to top Go down

New Roundhouse loco kit
Page 1 of 1