Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:24 pm

It would be very strange if you ever met the 'gentleman' concerned.

This character is developing rather better than I expected. Basketball
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:31 am

After a considerable delay due to being detained in Swindon over last weekend, I was able to return home this evening and resume work on our controlleur friend - to the paint shop! This is still not the finished article - the camera has exposed some sloppy work in a number of areas, and I still have to fit the glasses so that they 'look right'. Anyway, here's where we are with it:

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 CH_Conrtrolleur_gros_12

Hawk-eyes among you will note he is now wearing a wrist watch - the only bit of progress I managed to achieve in my prolonged absence from home.

Clive

Fat Controller of the Great Unfinished Railway, formerly the S&CGR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:34 am

Paulus wrote:

What did you use as primer?
Sorry, I missed this - the primer is just ordinary car body undercoat, available from any car accessory shop I would imagine.

Clive

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:30 am

It's looking scarily close....to the real..... affraid

..and yes he always wears a wristwatch. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 pm

The figure is becoming marvelous!

A wristwatch... so, specification number 5 (see first post) is no longer in order?
(5. Will be holding a pocket watch in one hand; the other, clenched in to a fist, will be planted on his hip in a somewhat accusatory pose - as though about to berate some hapless driver for daring to be a minute late.)
What is he going to hold in his hand now?

Quote :
Sorry, I missed this - the primer is just ordinary car body undercoat, available from any car accessory shop I would imagine.
Thanks! I was always afraid that car primers would melt the sculp/putty. If you are using these successfully I'm gonna give it a try also! They are much cheaper than the Tamiya, MrSurfacer or other modelpaint primers.

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Paulus wrote:

A wristwatch... so, specification number 5 (see first post) is no longer in order?
(5. Will be holding a pocket watch in one hand; the other, clenched in to a fist, will be planted on his hip in a somewhat accusatory pose - as though about to berate some hapless driver for daring to be a minute late.)
What is he going to hold in his hand now?
No, the spec hasn't changed in that respect - the wrist watch is his own personal timepiece, the fob watch is the official time for the railway! (that's my excuse anyway)

Paulus wrote:

Thanks! I was always afraid that car primers would melt the sculp/putty. If you are using these successfully I'm gonna give it a try also! They are much cheaper than the Tamiya, MrSurfacer or other modelpaint primers.
The paint is acrylic, so no adverse effects on the plastic or the Milliput - and as you rightly point out, it's a whole lot cheaper!

Clive

Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:43 pm

... and here he is...

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 CH_Conrtrolleur_gros_13

The watch chain is a short length of a single strand of cross-stitch thread, painted silver and pushed into 2 very small diameter holes drilled into the body and the hand.

Clive

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Superb...

Is he ready for emmigration yet?

Make sure you have plenty of photos before his transmanche departure.

BTW to other viewers wondering what all the fuss is about and who he is.

This monsieur is the president of TDS and the one who organises Railexpo.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 4:18 pm

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 972523

Great work!!! Beautiful sculpted figure with a specific character of his own.

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks to all for comments/input...

Here's a slideshow of the progress:

Clive

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:55 am

When real meets model, one for Clive.

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 Jcg110

He was very humbled and happy. He thought it the ultimate compliment.
He was nearly reduced to tears. Laughing
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks for the update, Carl - I'm very glad he likes it.

Clive

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)   The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Return of YAF - Le Controlleur Gros (or whatever 'Fat' is in French)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: