Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas village display

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Christmas village display Empty
PostSubject: Christmas village display   Christmas village display EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Last thursday I visited a garden centre and they had a marvelous Christmas display. Although the pictures did not capture the whole "atmosphere" with sounds and the smell of fresh christmas trees etc. I thought it was a nice idea to share it with you all and I hope you like it as much as my son and I did!!!

Christmas village display S5007259-vi

Christmas village display S5007235-vi

Christmas village display S5007234-vi

Christmas village display S5007231-vi

Christmas village display S5007239-vi

Christmas village display S5007238-vi

Christmas village display S5007242-vi

Christmas village display S5007243-vi

Christmas village display S5007247-vi

Christmas village display S5007244-vi

Christmas village display S5007263-vi

Christmas village display S5007265-vi
Buzz landed in the snow next to the hunting cabin; "To infinity and beyond!!!!"

Christmas village display S5007277-vi

Christmas village display S5007285-vi
Jessy with Santa and his sled...

...and Buzz again??? The maker must be a ToyStory fan!!!! geek

Christmas village display S5007282-vi
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Christmas village display   Christmas village display EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 am

That's very festive. What sort of scale is it Paul and were there any trains running?

That's something I would really like to do...A G scale railway in a garden centre or a store for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Christmas village display   Christmas village display EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:35 am

I think the scale varies between 1:45 and 1:32 scale.
Most of the buildings and figures are from Lemax and some other brands they sell at that store.
The train that runs through it was a bit disapointing; a way to small H0 scale steamlocomotive and 1 open car having some sort of electric wire and switch hanging out... Shocked
Can't understand why someone build such a great display and then doesn't take care of the train... A Fleischmann Magic Train or a Marklin Gauge1 set would looked so much better in this layout!

The store is having a contest; people can post pictures of their own christmas villages and the winner gets 200 euro. Off course they hope that the winner will spend at least 600 euro to build the winning layout pirat (most of the Lemax buildings vary between 40 and 90 euro's...)

I took some movieclips also, I'll try to make a clip of it using Windows Moviemaker somewhere this week. I never used Windows Moviemaker, so it will be an experiment...
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Christmas village display   Christmas village display EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 pm

The video as promised! Only I added a Christmas song as background using the Youtube options but it don't seem to work...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas village display   Christmas village display Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas village display
Page 1 of 1