Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What have you been doing?

Go down 
+7
French Chuffed
bruce
KleineDicke
mike
Paulus
Carl Hibbs
mikeyh
11 posters

what have you been doing?
working on my line up to now
What have you been doing? Vote_lcap50%What have you been doing? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Lost interest in the hobby
What have you been doing? Vote_lcap0%What have you been doing? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nothing new to share with others
What have you been doing? Vote_lcap21%What have you been doing? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Too busy with life in general to post anything
What have you been doing? Vote_lcap14%What have you been doing? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Hang on, I've been posting regularly
What have you been doing? Vote_lcap14%What have you been doing? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

What have you been doing? Empty
PostSubject: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

As we all have seen it's been fairly quiet on here for a while. why is that? just for interests sake (and 'cos I'm a nosey so and so), have a look at this poll!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:21 pm

I think my daughter summed it up and said we've missed a season.

Where has the time gone, eh?

I've been too busy with work and when not working, cutting grass, cutting grass, cutting grass... and cutting trees. What have you been doing? 890686

It didn't help also that I poured a whole kettle full of boiling water over my right hand recently with deep second degree burns. What have you been doing? 624540

I will be doing some modelling soon!
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:41 pm

I've been 'work'n on the railroad' last weeks a bit but work delays much because of SWMBO who has torn tendons in the foot (if that is translated correctly...) and suffers complete rest for the next few months... so all household (including 3 kids) comes on my plate...
But I managed to do some roads last week.

Quote :

It didn't help also that I poured a whole kettle full of boiling water over my right hand recently with deep second degree burns.
That certainly won't help!!! I hope you recover fast and well from the burns Carl!!!What have you been doing? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmOmOAYj4w1d1iPgWFCGQU5FhTa-12AP309alf9iy-sxCo8Xb3&t=1

Paul
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:19 pm

getting divorscesd, finding some were to live, knocking the garden into shape, start to rebuild
lazy grange bay.3
What have you been doing? P1070721
What have you been doing? P1070727
What have you been doing? P1070737
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey, at least nobody has lost interest in the hobby (yet). cheers
Back to top Go down
bruce

bruce

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 am

Definitely still in the hobby, just not a lot to report lately. I suppose there was more to report when I was still building the line - now the circuit is complete, there's less to say. T'other half was poorly last year and into this, which doesn't help, and work's taken a bit of a hit due to government cutbacks, so I've been a bit pre-occupied. While I do drop by and have a look from time to time, I haven't felt that I have much to contribute these days. There have been a few pretty pics along the way, though...

What have you been doing? Spring%2005A%20%28Small%29
Back to top Go down
http://www.hdlr.moonfruit.com
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 am

Hi Mikey an interesting poll. (Excuses following) Embarassed

I lost 3 months this year with Joan being ill and her operation. I am trying to catch up now, but the grass keeps growing (and the weeds)

I am re building the dock lining as some of the slates and all of the wood pileing fell off over winter, also re doing the water feed to the dock which entailed digging up the yard of the brewery.

Not lost interest just time.....where did it go??? Question
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Railway was going well til a few weeks back, but the last few weeks have been hell! One of my dogs took a chunk out of my leg whilst I was rescuing her from a fox trap (nasty business) and I was out of action for a couple of weeks. No sooner than the infection abated and I was healing, than Caro fell off my horse "Copper" and we spent two days last week at hospital in Angouleme whilst she had X rays and Brain scans. Pleased to say we are both back home and on the way to recovery, so railway business will resume at the end of the week with a visit to Van's!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
stockers

stockers

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Been busy earning a crust and trying to extend the line. Time seems to slip away.
What have you been doing? DSC02375Small
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 pm

GWhizz wrote:
Railway was going well til a few weeks back, but the last few weeks have been hell! One of my dogs took a chunk out of my leg whilst I was rescuing her from a fox trap (nasty business) and I was out of action for a couple of weeks. No sooner than the infection abated and I was healing, than Caro fell off my horse "Copper" and we spent two days last week at hospital in Angouleme whilst she had X rays and Brain scans. Pleased to say we are both back home and on the way to recovery, so railway business will resume at the end of the week with a visit to Van's!

Oh bloody.... affraid

Glad you are both okay now.....and the dog too!
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:43 pm

So has anyone seen or heard from Clive lately
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:34 am

Carl Hibbs wrote:
GWhizz wrote:

Oh bloody.... affraid

Glad you are both okay now.....and the dog too!

Ditto ,

Its darned Dangerous living in the countryside.
bom
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:32 am

pjti wrote:
So has anyone seen or heard from Clive lately

Glad you asked Patrick as we do miss him. Sad

I contacted him last week. He has been out of railways for a while and now has new work. He sends his regards to everyone and will be back in the not too distant future. He is still making those great figures though.

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 am

If you're also wondering why you haven't heard much from Van (FM12) he has the pathetic excuse of having left his reading/computer glasses in a car at Leeds/Bradford Airport and can't see his computer screen. What a Face As he's back in France for a couple of weeks, I have told him that Intermarche sell cheap reading glasses and this is not a real excuse.

Hopefully he will be back with us soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 am

GWhizz wrote:
If you're also wondering why you haven't heard much from Van (FM12) he has the pathetic excuse of having left his reading/computer glasses in a car at Leeds/Bradford Airport and can't see his computer screen. What a Face As he's back in France for a couple of weeks, I have told him that Intermarche sell cheap reading glasses and this is not a real excuse.

Hopefully he will be back with us soon!

At least Van can still use the telephone (must have big buttons Exclamation : after managing to invite us to Brian's Question (last thing Brian wanted in view of what happened to him, Caro (and the poor dog) -I am happy to hear that all are rapidly improving...) Van has now invited us to his place on Friday (we are guaranteed that there will be no R**** W******). Proof that he has actually got a railway will be provided (sorry Van and thanks for the invite - looking forward to it.)

I have been here for two weeks and managed a major project. I have reconfigured my village to give some street running, with "low relief" shop fronts up against the cottage wall. The road surface may need more work - or is it about right - look at some old postcards. The shops need a few more details - drain pipes and so on, but there's always more to do!

What have you been doing? IMG_0829

What have you been doing? IMG_0830

The Saurer railbus runs well - the Bachmann railtruck chassis is much happier with my lighweight bodywork than the one under the De Dion.

What have you been doing? IMG_0836

And it fits the "scene", I think:

What have you been doing? IMG_0838

What have you been doing? IMG_0839

Pics are a bit small because I don't have proper editing software here, but hope y'all like it...

Reportage from Van's to follow!

Phil

Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:11 am

Love the shops Phil! Gives the line a 'raison d'etre'. The railbus really does look the part; cant wait to see the trailer!

mikey
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

Well I have to say that Tramway Demiel was a bit of a push/inspiration - and the postcards show that running down the main street was virtually compulsory for French local railways!
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 pm

This has given me a much needed push too - Took up some track with intentions of a more permananent weed free track bed. Been digging to widen station area, went to SeƱor Merlin and bought 3 x 25 kg sand/cement mix, 2 x 20kg gravel (for mixing ), 12 concrete blocks and another 20 bricks. Car was sitting a bit low. No idea what I am doing, just making it up as I go along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you been doing?   What have you been doing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you been doing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: