Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Rescued Micheline"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
philkelly

philkelly

"Rescued Micheline" Empty
PostSubject: "Rescued Micheline"   "Rescued Micheline" EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks to Carl for putting my Railcar as the heading pic - first time I've had that honour!

I found this a "bourse d'echanges" (also in Confolens - see other thread!)

It's "naive" african model of the Michelin railcar which the Michelin company rescued from Madagascar and restored for its own museum. The actual railcar did run on the Baie de Somme after being repatriated to France, but I don't think it's operational now. It's literally made of painted old tin cans. For a short second of time, I thought it might be motorisable, but it's actually quite small - somewhere between 0 and 1, although the track gauge is 40mm. The wheels are actually soldered to the track. A shame to spoil it, so I've decided it's just a collector's item: unique, I think and only 20 Euros!

"Rescued Micheline" Micheline1

"Rescued Micheline" Micheline2
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: "Rescued Micheline"   "Rescued Micheline" EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:18 pm

It is a naive model but it does capture the character of the real thing and it's got the right number of wheels. I like it!

There are still 2 in Madagascar so I believe that are used for tourists.
Madagascar Micheline
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: "Rescued Micheline"   "Rescued Micheline" EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:48 am

Great little model Phil. Also nice link Carl, I never realised that Madagscar had a railway (you never see it on David attenborough programmes!). The journey itinary sounds fantastic!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: "Rescued Micheline"   "Rescued Micheline" EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Very nice railcar!
It's amazing to see what beautiful things can be made from old cans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Rescued Micheline"   "Rescued Micheline" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Rescued Micheline"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: