Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blanc Argent

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

Blanc Argent Empty
PostSubject: Blanc Argent   Blanc Argent EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:54 am

I am just trying out the feasibilty of a quick one day trip on the Blanc Argent and all the links I had have become unavailable and I cant find a timetable anywhere. It seems suspicious and wonder if this is the beginning of the end or has already ended.

Does anyone have any links to a timetable please.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Blanc Argent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blanc Argent   Blanc Argent EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:40 am

As far as I know the only section of the blanc-Argent line still operating is that from SALBRIS to Valencay (perhaps 'googling' either of those stations may provide a timetable.

The tourist line on the blanc-argent is the Basberry line and a timetable is here;
http://www.traintouristiquedubasberry.com

mikey
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

Blanc Argent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blanc Argent   Blanc Argent EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks Mikey. I did not realise the line had been truncated even further, such that when I searched RailEurope for Lucay to Romoratin I got no hits and only 2 trains per day from Romoratin to Salbris.

What I was really trying to find was a broadsheet with all the trains on one piece of paper rather than having to search for each station but I can now figure this out thanks to your info regarding the closure of Lucay. Incidentally is it permanent ?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Blanc Argent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blanc Argent   Blanc Argent EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:40 am

Good question David! I guess its as permanent as anything seems to be in France!

Most of these lines are having problems with safety issues and they cost money to put right, much more than they have.

mike
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Blanc Argent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blanc Argent   Blanc Argent EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:59 am

For the best info and history on the BA including a timetable spreadsheet visit:

J Liennard BA site

To my knowledge the BA/RFF/SNCF have closed the section from Valencay to Lucy le Male because of PW problems. There is a replacement bus or taxi.
The whole BA is suffering from infrastructure issues and lack of money and there are speed restrictions in place on the whole line.

There is a lot of info here:
Passion Metrique

For me it has never been the same since they bought the new railcars. The old Verney's (and De Dions) and the line had character.
...And there was a grumpy old (non-railway enthusiast) git living in the station at Pruniers when I last visited where I want to live....

Don't forget to visit the real BA though....

Train Bas Berry
Lucy le Male - Argy

If you travelling via Caen or Le Havre you'll be passing near Le Tramway de Petit Boisney.
That has not been closed by the RFF but they are waiting for new 'diesel' electric traction.... king
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

Blanc Argent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blanc Argent   Blanc Argent EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks Carl.

My sister lives in Brive, so we will probably travel on the one direct train per day that runs between Lille Europe and Brive as I am not keen on 2 x 700 mile drive to visit her for 3 days.

However I will hopefully be driving around later in the year, depending on the other TKR, and would love to see the new diesel traction.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blanc Argent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blanc Argent   Blanc Argent Empty

Back to top Go down

Blanc Argent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Full size 1:1 trains-
Jump to: