Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The wanderer returns...

Go down 
+6
KleineDicke
mikeyh
Bearcastle
pjti
Carl Hibbs
clive_t
10 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

The wanderer returns... Empty
PostSubject: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm

... hi all.

Well, after an absence of some 4 months, i am back... (don't tell me, no-one noticed! Cool )

It's been a long, hard winter without a doubt - the SCGR has sustained quite a bit of frost damage in that time. Not that such setbacks would ordinarily have worried a younger, fitter man I'm sure - this year though, I have suffered with some severe mobility problems in my shoulder - perhaps befitting a fifty-something - which have made repairs very difficult, if not actually impossible. It's been a bit tough too on the job front - after another 4 months 'between contracts' I have finally landed a 3-month contract at Basingstoke - not exactly local, but commutable - just.

To be honest the idea of being outside trying to get the line operational again - cutting back the encroaching vegetation, sorting all the electrical continuity problems - repairing all the frost damage - filled me with despondency. Add to that the fact that the Fotopic site went to the wall, taking with it most of my web-sites picture galleries, and I was about ready to chuck the whole lot in. So I retreated back to what i suppose i know best - making figures. Yes, i know, boooorring.... but i guess that's the beauty of a hobby like this, it can be so many things to so many people.Over the last few weeks i have also managed to move (most of) the picture galleries to PhotoBucket, hopefully that will give a bit more stability to the web-site.

Anyway, here i am - and i am delighted to see the old stalwarts still posting away merrily! I don't suppose i will be posting with anything like the regularity of before - simply because i won't be running trains for the foreseeable until my shoulder problem gets sorted, so not really that much to contribute - but i will try and get into the discussions a bit more.

Best wishes to all

Clive
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:02 pm

I am so glad to have you back. I won't be the last to say that.
4 months has gone quickly but you were missed.

Nothing boring about figures. What's the latest then ?
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:09 pm

4 months !!! Yes I had missed you too. Nice that you are back, be nice to have something other than bloody deisels to read about.
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:16 pm

Yes, missed your wonderfull little hand made man, not saying a lot, just enjoying seeing them built
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Great to see you back Clive, but sorry to hear of your health problems!
No trains? figures boring? No way. I've always said that an interesting railway layout is a series of scenes linked by a railway line, and after all there are only so many different angles you can take a picture from! Any new figures? I'd better start saving my pennies (or centimes!)

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Wow, thanks for the kind words, people!

I guess you could say i've been quite prolific in my figure production - I am currently on my twelfth since the one i last posted about on here! An interesting cross-section of characters (at least, I like to think so!) pictures of which I hope to share in the near future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 am

Glad you're back, Clive. Sorry to hear about your maladies and hope you're recovering. Good to hear you've landed a job, even if it is only temporary. Having a job to get up for and go to evey morning does wonders for one's psyche. I've been fortunate to have continuous employment at the same chemical plant - through 4 owners - for 32+ years.

I can't wait to see pix of your latest creations.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:18 am

Nice to see you back Clive and hope that your shoulder improves. I guess towards 60 is a watershed where you get to meet some very nice anaethetists, at least I have.

I find figures very interesting and just as much as some of the more complicated engineering exercises, which I don't always understand, so please keep posting as much as possible.

Thinking about it could you do me an anaethetist figure, I am sure she would be flattered.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:24 am

[I have suffered with some severe mobility problems in my shoulder - perhaps befitting a fifty-something - which have made repairs very difficult, if not actually impossible. ]

Good to see you back in circulation on here Clive, just wait until your 65 +. so lets see some pictures.
Back to top Go down
bruce

bruce

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi Clive, good to see you back... looking forward to seeing the new figures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hdlr.moonfruit.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:18 pm

NO! We noticed!

Great to have you back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wanderer returns...   The wanderer returns... Empty

Back to top Go down

The wanderer returns...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: