Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clives column ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pjti

Clives column ? Empty
PostSubject: Clives column ?   Clives column ? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 3:31 pm

I am beginning to wonder whether Clive should have his own section,be a bit like a masterclass for us to follow, keep it locked so only Clive can add stuff. Dunno how others think but all this is good stuff what he's doing.

Secondly a bit of advice, I want a driver for Edrig who is 1/19 scale, all my figures are too small and I cannot find anything that I might chop around to fit. My question to Clive (or anyone else) should I start with a ready made 1/22 or 1/24 scale and "stretch" with milliput or should I start with a wire frame and milliput. I have never done this sort of thing, am eager to try but it needs to be really simple cos I will get bored and give up otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Clives column ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clives column ?   Clives column ? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 4:01 pm

For 1:19 (16mm) scale unpainted whitemetal figures you could try IMP models available through GRS
Their SS101 Jane Driver costs £8.66
http://www.grsuk.com/index.asp?docs/101.asp

As for a Clive's section I'm quite happy to facilitate that if the man himself agrees....?

The only thing I will say is that he his own blog advertised on his signature if anyone wants to follow more closely the anatomical work.

But I shall willingly create another section here.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

Clives column ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clives column ?   Clives column ? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Hello Patrick

I think you could stretch a 1:22 figure, but only up to a point. For me, the governing things are the head and hands - if you stretch the body/limbs but keep the dimensions of the head/hands unchanged, it can look a bit odd. Bear in mind too that a tall person in 1:22 could quite easily pass for a short one in 1:19? e.g. 6ft 6ins in 1:22 is an 8.8cm high figure, which equates to 5ft 6ins in 1:19.

But having said all that, why not have a go? I would suggest chopping an existing figure to start with, as you have the basic body shape etc already there for you. If on the other hand you try and start with a wire armature and build from scratch, you'll also have the task of trying to build in the detail. I always found that very daunting. By way of a suggestion, get a figure, dismember it and rebuild with wire 'joints', adding, say, a millimetre gap between each joint.

Flattering though it is, I'm not sure a section all to myself is a good idea. I am not really a sculptor in the true sense - much as I would like to be, and all I am doing here is learning as I go, and sharing my experiences in the process. Personally, I'm more than happy to continue posting threads here, and thereby allow others to pass comment, ask questions etc. When you have a go at this yourself, you'll find that it really is as easy as I've said anyway!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sponsored content

Clives column ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clives column ?   Clives column ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Clives column ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: