Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are Videos hard to do?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

Are Videos hard to do? Empty
PostSubject: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 pm

I'd like to make some videos about life in Demiel. I have an old,good quality, video camera but its not digital and it seems too complicated (for me:) On my digicam I can take a video of 3 minutes length. i have a photobucket account where i store all my photos (it says it does video as well)
Are there any tips you can give a virgin such as myself?

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Mikey, that will be something to look forward to, I'm sure!

I think you'll have problems with analog, sadly - at the very least you'll need a bit of hardware to take in your analog video camera's output, and convert it to digital before connecting to your PC. Do a google on video analog digital converter or something like that. I put a video on Photobucket, but I didn't like it. There are alternatives of course, the infamous You-Tube - i actually prefer blip.tv, but there is also a site called Vimeo - all free of course, although I believe Y-T still has a 10-min limit on free accounts.

Alternatively, of course, stick with the 3-minute shorts! Nothing wrong with that at all in my book! The uploading is easy, I would say the main effort is in attempting to do some kind of editing, adding music etc if that's your desire. But really there's no need to do that - just a 30-second vid of the tram loco wandering through the town would give you the confidence to do something bigger Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Windows comes with a decent easy-to-use video editing app. You could make videos with your digicam and combine clips and edit as you wish. You can edit stills into the video, add a soundtrack, and titles as well. You can then upload it to YouTube. Let me know if you need help.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:36 am

Thanks Clive and Bill for your advice. Of course typical of me that I forgot to mention perhaps the most important thing! we still dont have broadband here! We are waiting to get on the new ka-sat ( designed just for us country folk?) but at the moment things are sooooo slow.
i have my portastudio, and various programmes for recording and editing sound. I guess firstly i should look at the Windows video programme.

mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Of course, lack of broadband won't be an issue until you complete your video and want to share it with the world. Do public libraries or other facilities in Dordogne offer public computers with broadband access? If so, you could probably burn your video(s) to a CD and upload from there.

BTW, the program is called Windows Movie Maker and should be under "Accessories" in your start menu.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Failing that Mikey, burn it to a CD/dvd and send it to me, I will upload it for you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:07 am

Here a nice link for making video (found it on VML).

Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Videos hard to do?   Are Videos hard to do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Videos hard to do?
Page 1 of 1